Humidex

On Fri, 13 Aug 2021 21:54:09 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com posted for all of us to digest...

Wonder where the water goes? Ventilation system? Does that mean it has a discharge to outside? Radon systems below so I presume it does.

Thanks,

Reply to
Tekkie©

I read some of the manual linked on that page.

It's not a dehumidifier in the classic sense. It pulls air off the floor wherever it is installed, and exhausts it outside. Replacement air comes into the building in the usual way (cracks in the envelope, unless there's some sort of makeup air provision).

Might as well use a box fan. In a humid climate, the HVAC is going to do all the work anyway.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

On Sun, 15 Aug 2021 02:11:04 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com posted for all of us to digest...

Thanks, I didn't see the manual. You're absolutely correct, push air out of the basement on side and bring it in the other side - while picking up dust and any other safarcus on the floor. Yeah, that's a solution.

Reply to
Tekkie©

Since it exhausts outdoors, I suppose it could be considered an inefficient, $748 vacuum cleaner.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 13:02:57 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com posted for all of us to digest...

Yeah, just what I want in my basement, a vacuum cleaner. Too bad I got rid of my saws, grinders, etc. I could be replacing fan motors every year... Wonder if they sell an optional ($$$) 'bootie' to filter the intake?

Reply to
Tekkie©