Does infrastructure bill include power grid upgrades

Does infrastructure bill include tree trimming and power grid upgrades?

We had storms pass through earlier this week and knock out electric power to thousands in the area. Some are still out after 4 days.

No big deal really unless you have an electric car that needs charging so you can go get gas for your generator.

Did Biden budget some monies to trim the dam trees?

Reply to
Jaivon Karver

That should be built into your utility bill. The problem is not paying to trim the trees or simply cutting them down. The problem is getting the adjacent property owners to agree the PoCo can cut down the tree in front of their house, even though it is in the right of way, not their property.

Reply to
gfretwell

I think the utility companies have an easement that already allows them to do this. Maybe there are places where that's not true of course, and Florida might be at the top** of the list! We don't know where Jaivon liver.

**The parallel between trimming trees and preventing the spread of Corona is strong.
Reply to
micky

I recommend you read the bill or contact your Representative in the House.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Trees on power lines are not a big issue here. The right of way is county property (not an easement) and in a lot of places it might actually be the first 24 feet of "your" lawn. ROWs are typically 66' wide here and the road is 18' in residential neighborhoods. A look at your plat would tell you.

gfretwell

I think the bill is about 2600 pages. I doubt your representatives have a clue what is in it.

Reply to
gfretwell

From what I hear maybe 25% goes into real infrastructure upgrades. The rest is pork, green new deal etc. I suspect we will end up with problems like Texas had in an ice storm where all these renewable energy sources don't work.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

They should be required to read every bill out loud in congress. Most bills seem to be like the Obama care. Just pass the bill and you will be told later what was in it.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Where I am at in NC there seems to be at lest 2 kinds of property lines. My property line is deaded from 'a nail in the center of the road ' .

Other deeds are different. For example my dad had a deed that put a triangle piece of land that looked like a triangle starting about 10 feet wide and goig back to a point about 10 feet on the other side of a road as the road was built about 80 years ago , but the deed was much older. There is a power pole on that small piece of land. There are no trees with in ove 100 feet of the power pole.

Some deeds specify the property actually starts so many feet from the center of the road.

From what I understand if a tree falls on the road, the county or more likely a volunteer fire department will cut the tree off the road and pile it up beside the road. If the deed is from that nail in the center of the road, you can either cut up or just leave the tree that was tossed off the road. If the deed is another way, the county will come around and remove the tree.

I have seen the power company come though and cut down a few trees and leave the logs cut up in pieces about 2 feet long and stack them up , leave them and carry off the small limbs.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Is this another 2000 page wonder? How many Representatives read it other than a fast skim to make sure their favorite piece of pork is included?

Reply to
rbowman

Upwards of 2700 pages. If Jaivon Karver is a real person with a sincere question, he should know that he won't get an answer here. If he's a troll (as I suspect he is), f*ck him.

Perhaps none. However, if I contacted Debbie Dingell's office with that question, I'd expect one of her staffers to obtain the information and answer my question.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Sorry. I hadn't read your post carefully. I don't think people have any rights wrt adjoining property here, but since wrt my home, all the lines are underground I have no direct experience.

Reply to
micky

I don't care what party puts up a bill, it should be read outloud. That would cut down on a lot of the pork because they could not do nearly as much.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

But if it's 2000 pages, that's impossible. Even if they did read it, no one would listen. Most would leave and the others would be on their laptops.

As to pork, the press finds some absurd examples and others that seem that way, like research on pregnant snails (I made that one up) but some of it is research that's respected by academics at least and other stuff is aid to local projects, starting maybe it was the Tennessee VAlley Authority. Not every area got a series of dams, and the other areas might resent that, but it wa good for the Tennesse Valley.

A few years ago they agreed not to have, I forget the term, money specifically allocated to local projects, that comes out of the full authorization. And some want to bring that back because since they got rid of it, it's been much harder to reach agreement between sides.

Google is fantastic. I googled "money specifically allocated to local projects" and got earmarks. That's it. Google is so clever.

earmarks-are-back-and-americans-should-be-glad!!!

micky

If you walk around with a metal detector you usually find lot corner pins (pieces of rebar) and there will be "monuments" somewhere nearby that they start from when they survey. These days they usually trust their GPS+ and only use that other stuff as a sanity check. When they surveyed the lot next to me the guy was standing right next to the corner pin with his GPS, telling his helper "It should be right here". The process was not as precise some years ago because on one of my corners there are three pins in a 1 foot circle.

The PoCo hires contractors here and they chip everything, shooting it into their truck. I have dragged limbs I cut out and they chip them up too.

Reply to
gfretwell

On Sat, 14 Aug 2021 11:30:58 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com posted for all of us to digest...

You are asking an prohibitively act on the part of many posters to decipher a plot plan. It will cause brain freeze on the 'left side'.

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Sat, 14 Aug 2021 12:06:31 -0400, Ralph Mowery posted for all of us to digest...

The FD or agency will only cut it if the PoCo cuts the power.

Were they orange trucks that say Asplundh on them?

Reply to
Tekkie©

Most of my property is easy. I live on sort of a corner of the road. There is a small creak on the back side and one end. There is a piece of 1 inch pipe sticking out of the ground about a foot in 2 other places. I am not sure how that pipe relates to the center of the road as the pipe is about 15 feet from the road. I did not have the land surveyed when I bought it as the creak and a line of bushes and those pipes gave a good idea of the lines. The neighbor does not care all that much about the lines as neither of us are putting anything very close to the line.

The way some of the old deeds are written no one really seems to know where the line is. Such as one deed specifies 'from the center post of a barn'. That barn burnt down years ago ,so there is no center post. In one case I know of two property owners had to get together and decide where the property line is on a section about 50 feet wide and 500 feet long. They then had the surveyor to drive in some new stakes.

Yes, now most use the GPS system to determin the property lines. I don't know how accurate that system is. I know a man that is a surveyor and I have asked him about how accurate things are, but I keep forgetting.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

They used to have the contract but now it is Lewis Tree Service locally

Reply to
gfretwell

No clue. Be sure to read the one passed last March while you're searching for an answer. That one was 1.9 trillion dollars. Who knows if it will say anything other than giving the money to some agency no one outside of government has heard of.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman