Compressor Clutch Timer ???

What does this do? It says it fits my car:

Four Seasons Compressor Clutch Timer 36140 Part # 36140 SKU # 385445 Notes: Delugger Cycle Timer. With 10S17C Compressor. Recommended to Eliminate Compressor Damage on Vehicles with Low Mount Compressor.

Yes, it sort of says, but I don't get it.

By low mount, they mean one that's close to the ground? Why would that benefit from this more than a high mount?

(Not that I have such a problem, but I'm curious.)

micky

back into it and lock it up. The timer allows the refrigerant to vaporize.

Reply to
gfretwell

Oh, okay, thanks. I looked at my car this morning and I do have a low mount compressor (which is probably why Autozone displayed this item when it knew what car I have) but it was still just curiosity because that's not my problem anyhow. Its working again and it's probalby just the clutch relay. I think I have a couple and if not, they're cheap.

In a very short time I found 6 people who had trouble with the ground wire being loose, but without crawling on the ground or putting the car on a lift, I can't see a thing, so it better not be anything there.

Reply to
micky