Raise your hand if you went to Tractor Supply...

And bought something other than what you needed. Bought security bits I will probably never use. But I have them.

33 pc 3 inch plus adapter for 6 bucks.
Reply to
Thomas

I do that at Ace Hardware. Maybe I'll be less likely to do that now that I'm retired. I'd stock up on tools just in case I lost one out in the field.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I bought a set of those 25 years ago, before I'd ever heard of Tractor Supply. I have used a couple of the bits in the set, though I dont' think they were 'security' ones.

I rarely find tools at yard sales. Just baby clothes and "art".

Reply to
micky

I rarely see tools at yard sales. Mostly baby clothes.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

A while back I was checking out, and the cashier picked up a red plastic something to show me. It was a trouble light / flashlight. Two LED panels, one for distance and one for wide area. Three brightness settings. Magnetic base. Hanging point. Came WITH the batteries. Five bucks! Still using it often.

-dan z-

Reply to
slate_leeper

On Fri, 13 Aug 2021 15:15:08 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman posted for all of us to digest...

No, you won't. You will see something you 'need'. I do it all the time. Luckily I can't get in a Snap-On truck...

I thought I needed an Oscilloscope, but after I posted here and figuring out that I would probably only look at a sine wave once I let it drop.

My new interest is a Thermal Imager. I can't decide to go cheap with a Klein or bigger bux with a Flir. I think I have some uses for it.

My wife is no help. If I don't buy it on the spot and express interest in it she will buy it for me.

Reply to
Tekkie©

Lead me into temptation...

Judging from the nests I saw when I was mowing the lawn this morning I could get a nice shot of the deer camping on it.

Reply to
rbowman