Leveling mess left under fireplace hearty removal

What are you trying to make it look like when it's done?

Can all that crap be removed? If so, what is underneath it?

If possible, I'd remove everything that's there until I had room to add some joists, a subfloor and then a finish floor, assuming that is what you want to end up with. They don't have to be *real* joists, just some type of structure to support a real floor.

We could really use some more details as to what you are trying to accomplish as well as what you have there. The more details you supply, the more specifics we can offer.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

When I pulled up part of a cracked flat brick, there was a makeshift support made up of 2 pieces of gray stone brick. There are also cinder blocks in there, as the picture shows. We’re on a crawl space, so I’m assuming it must all be resting on subfloor. Does that sound reasonable? I just want to finish off the area with vinyl plank that’s in the rest of the room.

Reply to
Spilab

Stick to your "How do I repair..." thread. I won't be responding in this thread anymore.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson