OT: Wrong pets?

No, different thing altogether. A "caravan" is something you tow behind= a car. A "static caravan" is much bigger, and requires a lorry to take= it somewhere. Caravan:

1_1-1-450x360.jpg Static caravan:
e-exterior.jpg

Where do you buy 2nd hand goods? If I want an old washing machine for f= ree or for =A320, I go to Gumtree. Ebay is only good for things small e= nough to be shipped.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

That's your OPINION. What's wrong with using inferior animals/people to do work for us for free?

Only a moron copies what his family does. People with common sense ignore the stupid religion of their parents etc.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I never make mistakes and don't you forget that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Specially when they make more slaves for you and produce their own food and clothes.

Reply to
Rod Speed

It is in fact a hell of a lot more than that.

Yes, you actually are that stupid.

It does in fact work a hell of a lot better for that than freecycle and gumtree.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Bullshit it does with a dead cat.

Even sillier than you usually manage, and that's saying something.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Garage sales and the local facebook buy sell swap groups.

Garage sales and the local facebook buy sell swap groups.

Reply to
Rod Speed

e:

I was asking the American, where they seem to have very little in the wa= y of 2nd hand places.

Facebook is social media, not a selling place.

You already said that, cutting and pasting your previous reply stinks of= stupidity.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Not so. It depends on the size of the city, but most cities have one or more Goodwill or Salvation Army stores. People donate things, and the stores sell them.

We have just ordered a new couch, and will have the old one picked up by a charity organization who will then sell it in their store. It's not Goodwill or SA, but a similar thing.

Reply to
Tony Cooper

That is in fact how ebay started. It moved on to retail later.

Even amazon does second hand.

You are just plain wrong, as always.

Stupids like you need repetition to get it thru their thick skull.

< cutting and pasting your previous reply stinks of stupidity.

You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

Reply to
Rod Speed

On Sun 09 Sep 2018 12:11:03p, Ed Pawlowski told us...

My great great granfather owned slaves that he inherited from this father. He had undreds of acres of cotton and numerous pecan groves. Without the slaves the work could never have been done. Many were house slaves. From old documents my father found, all of the slaves owned by my family were treated quite well. Still they were slaves. My great grandfather made sure that all of their family's slaves were freed, as well s given money to move to safe northern cities.

If my generation had owned slaves the would have immediately been freed.

Having said that the "culture" and "climate" of the South could never have existed had it not been for slavery. My ancester's plantation home was burned to the ground, as were all the crops That didn't solve anything either.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

We have a Salvation Army religious nutter shop here, it has nothing more than jeans and duvets. Anyway I prefer direct person to person trades without involving the god botherers.

If I want a couch, I simply type "couch" into Gumtree, then phone someone. They give me their address and I go pick it up. Likewise if I want rid of one, I take a photo, stick it on Gumtree, and someone comes and gets it.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Just as true of the facebook marketplace.

Just as true of the facebook marketplace.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I guess it is like life today, some people are more respectful than others. From a few thing I've read, some were treated cruelly, others not so much. Today, the workplace gives you a wage, but conditions vary considerably. I'm sure some business owners would still have slaves.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

So you admit the slaves were required, yet you see it as wrong?!

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

On Sun 09 Sep 2018 03:26:26p, Ed Pawlowski told us...

The company I last worked for had nearly 30 local sites and a primary administration building. There was definitely evidence that some supervisors at these sites may their reportees lives a living hell.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Craigslist. I don't buy much secondhand but I did buy a bike and some tires from there.

We did have a couple of 'secondhand' stores but I don't know if they are still in business. I found a couple of things in them years ago but most of the stuff wasn't that much cheaper than buying it new. Most of what I got was old tools that aren't common anymore.

Reply to
rbowman

The last thing I remember buying at a garage sale was a vacuum cleaner. A young Asian woman was selling it and when I asked if it worked she said 'yes, but it sucks too much.'

Reply to
rbowman

Sure we do....

I guess that one is still in business. They have some really weird stuff.

I knew about Secret Seconds but thought it was more womens clothing than anything. There also Goodwill. The Sally Ann used to have a store but the whole block was torn down. I don't know if they went someplace else.

I have thought about going to Goodwill to see if I can find a suit to mess with people's minds. I think I could still tie a tie; if not there's got to be a youtube video.

Reply to
rbowman

A bag of quicklime is more like it.

Reply to