OT: Wrong pets?

Still costs far more than you will ever have for a cattle property. Like megabux.

Try telling that to those who are having a hell of a problem finding any feed for their cattle in the current drought.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Doesn't it look rather ugly?

A mower that will cut through knee high kikuyu?

It cuts faster, and the blade doesn't wear very quickly.

I'd use a strimmer to make it normal height (as in 4 inches), then use a mower.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Why don't you have a petrol leaf blower?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Can't you live outside of town and commute in?

And you told me you had plenty rain....

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

ote:

Garage sale?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I couldn't give a flying red f*ck what it looks like. I have much better things to do with my time than mow lawns.

Yep, mine will do that fine.

That's bullshit when cutting wood.

More fool you. With a proper mower, you do it all in the one time.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Yep.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I got an electric one for =A30.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

There have been plenty of free ones too. You asked me how much I paid for that one.

Reply to
Rod Speed

The point is the new price for electric is vastly less. A second hand p= etrol mower being cheaper could just mean it's annoyed the owner so much= he wants rid of it.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I've never seen the point in that, unless you have several power tools using he same system, then you only need to store one cord.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I find the string just keeps snapping, I replaced my string with a proper metal blade. It'll cut through anything now, including 4 inch thick branches.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Your country ain't as soggy as mine.

Which costs more. The cheapest of electric motors will always start.

No more unreliable than any other 1 cylinder engine. My chainsaw had the same problem.

It had other damage. A mouse had eaten part of the collection bag.

It didn't start as it was. Something had presumably flooded.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Yes, you actually are that stupid.

Most do.

And it is much more convenient to be able to roll up the cord on one of those reels and much more convenient to be able to keep the cord and tool separate even when you don't have a reel.

Reply to
Rod Speed

It can be just as soggy at times and when it is, the cars still work fine.

And the cord is a complete pain in the arse, which is why hardly anyone is stupid enough to use a corded mower now.

Yes, the problem was the fool using it.

Because the same fool was trying to use it.

If its just flooded, anyone with even half a clue can still start it.

Reply to
Rod Speed

All mine have their own cord, no need to get two things out, especially if the tools are stored in different places, or you want to use two at once.

No it isn't, I just wind my mower cord round the mower handles, or simply fold it in half then half again and so forth until it's about a metre long then tie it in a single knot.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Only because you have been stupid enough to modify your mower.

Only a fool does that.

Not even possible. And even you should be able to plug the extension cord into one or the other, if someone was actually stupid enough to lend you a seeing eye dog and a white cane because you have wanked yourself completely blind, again.

Corse it is.

A reel is much more convenient.

A reel is much more convenient.

Reply to
Rod Speed

After you saw through the extension cord you just have to replace it rather than taking the tool apart to replace the cord.

And, no, I'm not being sarcastic.

Reply to
rbowman

I've only done that once, with a hedge trimmer. No big deal to undo a small cover where the cable goes in.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife