OT: Wrong pets?

Doesn't need to be huge.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Useless when there are trees in the lawn.

Wrong, as always.

Reply to
Rod Speed
[snip]

It's easier on a perfectly flat and round lawn, with no obstacles.

Reply to
hah

I still don't find a problem on my lawn with trees. Try thinking which direction is best to move in.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I know nothing about how engines work. Motors however require no knowledge. They just run when you turn them on.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Wouldn't work with my backyard because of where the trees are.

Reply to
Rod Speed

And yet you don't have an electric car.

Reply to
Rod Speed

He prefers a gasoline powered car and attributes the motive power to magic like the perfect 21st century consumer.

Reply to
rbowman
[snip]

How long have you been using a corded mower? How hard was it to get it right the FIRST time?

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Because you can plug a mower in. You can't do that with a car, so it needs batteries. It's the batteries that make electric cars unusable. Short range, slow charging, expensive battery replacements. Until we develop a new battery technology, they are simply unworkable.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

All my life, and about 30 seconds. It's not rocket science, only dogs get their leads caught round trees.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Draw it and explain.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Most lawns around here would be silly to use a ride on mower on. You'd spend most of your time turning.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

150' long, 15' and 20' wide, half of each width. Trees about 50' and 30' from each end, well out from the sides. Because its long and thinnish, the only sensible way of mowing it is along the long axis, from either side ending up in the middle because I don't use a catcher and mulch the cuttings.
Reply to
Rod Speed

Yep, slums have very small lawns.

Reply to
Rod Speed

No, it's just an overcrowded country. Is it not true that the population of Australia is equal to Scotland?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Nope, five times the population, actually. And the bulk of our population is in the band from BrizVegas down the coast to Melburg and across to Adelaide.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I vary my cutting patterns between the long way and diagonal in either direction. Of course, all I know about lawn care is what I read on the internet. Mowing lawns in my golden years isn't something I planned on but the neighborhood kids aren't exactly reliable.

Reply to
rbowman

Inadequate description, but I see no reason you can't mow back and forth between each tree then go to the next gap.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Lawn care? What's that? I just cut it when it's long.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife