Red jackets in my gas grill

I have a big problem with red jackets making nests in my gas grill.
I would prefer to not spray wasp poison in my grill.
Any other methods?
Maybe a home made hornet killer?
thanks, Andy
On 9/2/18 8:33 PM, Andy wrote:

Some links that may help:
https://www.mnn.com/your-home/at-home/blogs/how-to-get-rid-of-wasps-naturally
https://bestplants.com/7-natural-ways-to-get-rid-of-wasps/
https://plantcaretoday.com/natural-ways-get-rid-wasps.html
On 9/2/2018 8:33 PM, Andy wrote:

Where exactly are they? Will lighting the grill burn them? Can you hit the nest with a propane torch? Soap and water spray helps. Peppermint oil is supposed to deter them from nesting.
On 9/2/2018 8:33 PM, Andy wrote:

Wait till dusk, cover all the holes/openings in the grill, turn it on, when done, add bbq sauce. Roasted wasps.
Oren posted for all of us...

This tastes like it has a certain sting to it.
--
Tekkie

On Sun, 2 Sep 2018 17:33:59 -0700 (PDT), Andy

You mean like this?
http://gfretwell.com/wildlife/Glorias_hornet_nest.jpg
On 9/2/2018 8:33 PM, Andy wrote:

Bake at 300°F for 45 minutes, remove stingers, plate and serve with a blue cheese dipping sauce.
On 9/3/18 7:35 AM, Bob wrote:

How gauche! Anyone who's not a barbarian knows that wasps are properly served chilled and with salsa, not blue cheese...
On 9/2/2018 8:33 PM, Andy wrote:

Had not heard of this wasp and see it can sting and nests may have a lot of wasps. I would probably spray with permethrin insecticide which is fairly safe around people or animals and would think residue would evaporate and gotten rid of by heating up the grill before trying to cook anything.