Red jackets in my gas grill

I have a big problem with red jackets making nests in my gas grill.

I would prefer to not spray wasp poison in my grill.

Any other methods?

Maybe a home made hornet killer?

thanks, Andy

Reply to
Andy

Some links that may help:

""Retired"

Where exactly are they? Will lighting the grill burn them? Can you hit the nest with a propane torch? Soap and water spray helps. Peppermint oil is supposed to deter them from nesting.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Wait till dusk, cover all the holes/openings in the grill, turn it on, when done, add bbq sauce. Roasted wasps.

Reply to
Meanie

You mean like this?

gfretwell

Bake at 300°F for 45 minutes, remove stingers, plate and serve with a blue cheese dipping sauce.

Reply to
Bob

Had not heard of this wasp and see it can sting and nests may have a lot of wasps. I would probably spray with permethrin insecticide which is fairly safe around people or animals and would think residue would evaporate and gotten rid of by heating up the grill before trying to cook anything.

Reply to
Frank

How gauche! Anyone who's not a barbarian knows that wasps are properly served chilled and with salsa, not blue cheese...

Reply to
Wade Garrett

Oren posted for all of us...

This tastes like it has a certain sting to it.

Reply to
Tekkie®