OT. North Dakota Pyramid

This was in a show called Mysteries of the Abandoned. <https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/north-dakota/safeguard-complex-nd/ It was designed to shoot down incoming Soviet missiles. It was supposedly switched on for only three days. Was it a huge boondogle or a wise investment?
Dean Hoffman posted for all of us...

I didn't look at the link but I presume it built by the gov't so to me at least equals boondoggle.
--
Tekkie