Amazon's Jeff Bezos only makes $4,475,885 per hour

"Some of America’s 1% make more money in 60 minutes than the average person will make in their lifetime.
Amazon honcho Jeff Bezos makes more than any person in America, raking in a whopping $4,475,885 per hour, according to an new analysis by Business Insider.
That’s around 157 times the median annual worker salary at Amazon of $28,466. "
https://moneyish.com/splurge/the-staggering-money-that-kylie-jenner-jeff-bezos-and-mark-zuckerberg-make-in-a-single-hour/
On 9/3/18 11:30 AM, Louie wrote:

Good for him. I don't think I'd trade places with him. People aren't lined up at my front door with their hands out.
On 9/3/2018 12:30 PM, Louie wrote:

They don't say how it is calculated. Is that in the form of a paycheck to him after all expenses? Or is that the sales that Amazon does every hour?
He is a busy guy and ships my orders promptly so he should be well paid.

Did you see the story on the news last night about how shitty the working conditions are for those people who are actually pushing the boxes out the door? They had some woman living in her car from an injury at Amazon and they just cut her loose.

Saw it but there were a few things that did not make sense about getting treatment. You do have some rights. I've heard pro and con about working there but I'd certainly not apply.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I know someone that works at the fullfillment center here in Dallas. They are required to box 200 items per hour, that works fine if you filling a big order, but thats a bunch of little orders. And they are required to assemble the box, too

I don't care how much he earns as long as he doesn't try to buy crooked politicians with the money to turn this country into a EU serfdom, wherein the workers muck around scratching for existence in the fields, while he and his rich buddies live in the castle on the hill, and dictate what our lives can and cannot be.
unfortunately, that's what does seem to be happening.
On 09/05/2018 04:41 PM, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

Nah, he just bought the crooked Washington Post. That reaches more people than Russian hackers could ever dream of.

That is the major goal of all political donors. Nobody is going to spend money to elect leaders who will cost THEM money. Guys like Soros and Steyer cleaned up on the Obama bailouts. None of the broadcaster money was ever in danger.

Why doen't that person get a better job?
On 9/6/18 8:22 AM, VinnyB wrote:

It's actually quite simple: If you don't want minimum wage, don't have minimum skills.
--
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this
sign...that the dunces are all in confederacy against him.

+1

it is hardly a minium wage job @$15 hr

That is the problem with this stupid $15 an hour minimum wage idea.
If you live in New York or San Francisco and make $150k a year you might think $30k a year is below the poverty level but that is not true out here in fly over country. If they have to pay $15 an hour to start, that will also be the wage you better get used to because they won't have any money in the salary plan for wages,. Some might even see a salary reduction.

I've seen teachers aides and other support personnel settle in the $12-$14 range. So coffee sloppers will be making more?
--
Tekkie

On Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 10:25:41 AM UTC-4, Wade Garrett wrote:

What happens when everyone has Maximum skills?? Pretty simple.
On 09/07/2018 07:02 AM, Thomas wrote:

Are you familiar with bell curves? Few have maximum skills and are balanced by those with no skill at all, as the majority bumble along.
Oren posted for all of us...

If you only realized this now then you are not at the top of the curve. I can cure that for only $1B. Pay promptly.
--
Tekkie

Oren posted for all of us...

Only for himself. He wants you to pay for everyone else.
--
Tekkie