Amazon's Jeff Bezos only makes $4,475,885 per hour

"Some of America?s 1% make more money in 60 minutes than the average person will make in their lifetime.

Amazon honcho Jeff Bezos makes more than any person in America, raking in a whopping $4,475,885 per hour, according to an new analysis by Business Insider.

That?s around 157 times the median annual worker salary at Amazon of $28,466. "

Louie

Good for him. I don't think I'd trade places with him. People aren't lined up at my front door with their hands out.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

They don't say how it is calculated. Is that in the form of a paycheck to him after all expenses? Or is that the sales that Amazon does every hour?

He is a busy guy and ships my orders promptly so he should be well paid.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Oren posted for all of us...

Only for himself. He wants you to pay for everyone else.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Did you see the story on the news last night about how shitty the working conditions are for those people who are actually pushing the boxes out the door? They had some woman living in her car from an injury at Amazon and they just cut her loose.

Reply to
gfretwell

Saw it but there were a few things that did not make sense about getting treatment. You do have some rights. I've heard pro and con about working there but I'd certainly not apply.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I know someone that works at the fullfillment center here in Dallas. They are required to box 200 items per hour, that works fine if you filling a big order, but thats a bunch of little orders. And they are required to assemble the box, too

Reply to
ChairMan

I don't care how much he earns as long as he doesn't try to buy crooked politicians with the money to turn this country into a EU serfdom, wherein the workers muck around scratching for existence in the fields, while he and his rich buddies live in the castle on the hill, and dictate what our lives can and cannot be.

unfortunately, that's what does seem to be happening.

Reply to
sam

Nah, he just bought the crooked Washington Post. That reaches more people than Russian hackers could ever dream of.

Reply to
rbowman

That is the major goal of all political donors. Nobody is going to spend money to elect leaders who will cost THEM money. Guys like Soros and Steyer cleaned up on the Obama bailouts. None of the broadcaster money was ever in danger.

Reply to
gfretwell

On Wed, 5 Sep 2018 15:40:30 -0500, "ChairMan" wrote in

Why doen't that person get a better job?

Reply to
VinnyB

It's actually quite simple: If you don't want minimum wage, don't have minimum skills.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

On Thu, 6 Sep 2018 10:25:35 -0400, Wade Garrett wrote in

+1
Reply to
VinnyB

What happens when everyone has Maximum skills?? Pretty simple.

Reply to
Thomas

Are you familiar with bell curves? Few have maximum skills and are balanced by those with no skill at all, as the majority bumble along.

Reply to
rbowman

it is hardly a minium wage job @$15 hr

Reply to
ChairMan

That is the problem with this stupid $15 an hour minimum wage idea.

If you live in New York or San Francisco and make $150k a year you might think $30k a year is below the poverty level but that is not true out here in fly over country. If they have to pay $15 an hour to start, that will also be the wage you better get used to because they won't have any money in the salary plan for wages,. Some might even see a salary reduction.

Reply to
gfretwell

Oren posted for all of us...

If you only realized this now then you are not at the top of the curve. I can cure that for only $1B. Pay promptly.

Reply to
Tekkie®

I've seen teachers aides and other support personnel settle in the $12-$14 range. So coffee sloppers will be making more?

Reply to
Tekkie®