OT: Wrong pets?

Obviously you've never waded through a corral in the spring, up to your ankles in horse shit.

Reply to
rbowman

so it's my fault they can't bury their excrement?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Horse shit doesn't stink. I've never worked out why, I assumed it was maybe meateaters that made stinky shit, but then why does vegetarian human shit stink? Is it just the fact that we're capable of digesting meat?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Prick.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Did you ever dig a hole to bury your own shit?

Reply to
Thomas

Yep, you keep feeding them so they keep producing more shit.

Reply to
Rod Speed

It does if you roll in it.

Nope, some cow shit stinks too.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Is that the best you can do?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Now try that in dog shit.

Nothing like cat and dog and human shit. I guess a diet of grass makes your shit less smelly.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Not feeding them makes them stop living.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I do if there's no flush toilet around.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

And that does stink much worse than cat shit.

Any dead animal stinks a lot worse than any shit.

Reply to
Rod Speed

How about cow shit? Before you answer I'll mention a feed lot near Coalina CA that can be smelled for miles, and it's not a good smell. Of course a feed lot is a completely unnatural environment where the cattle play king of the hill on massive piles of shit.

Reply to
rbowman

I don't know what the current dogma is but for at one time the advice to hikers was if you bury it something is just going to dig it up anyway so leave it on the surface to decompose more rapidly.

Reply to
rbowman

And our chicken operation that is alleged to be the biggest operation in the entire southern hemisphere, stank very bad as you drove past it in the car before they rebuilt the entire row of sheds.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Nah, best to bury it to reduce the likelyhood of someone else stepping on it.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Cow shit in Scotland doesn't smell bad, so unless you feed them something completely different....

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Isn't your country the only 1st world country in the southern hemisphere?

I never smelt anything bad from my friend who kept chickens. He just had about 40 of them though.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife
[snip]

I did have one that had an unusual way of using the litter box. She would have her feet on the rim, so all the shit and piss went on the floor. That lasted only a month or two, until she just used the floor. But the shit wasn't very smelly. Piss was, not fresh but after she died and I had to clean the floor. Nature's Miracle does work.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd
[snip]

Which reminds me of the Monty Python show where the ant is the national pet. One customer asks what to feed them, and is told not to feed them anything. It's cheaper to get new ants.

Reply to
Sam E