Best Rated threads in Home Repairshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Convert pilot on fireplace
I have a Desa fireplace (with pilot and wall switch) that had the fake logs and glass front. I took all those out and replaced the burner with an H un it and put fireplace glass chips on top of it....
3
3

vibration after motor change
We recently had a motor replaced on our Lennox G61MVP series central air system. My wife called me while they were change the motor as I wasn't able to be there. They had the wrong puller for the job,...
5
5

Ants Ants Everywhere! How to kill?
There are perimeter treatments that work somewhat. A few years ago I had perimeter treatment with Termidor for termites. Although I did not have termites they were all over outside the house and...
13
13

Inside Plenum insulation
I bought a brand new Rheem AC evaporator which includes the plenum with my new gas furnace in 2010. It is double walled and has about an inch of fiberglass insulation between the two walls. Is that...
4
4

Lowes french door threshold help
: ears ago. The side jams even though I primed and painted them before instal lation, have rotted at the very bottom next to the sill. The adjustable sil l screws have seized and wont come out....
3
3

Fiberglass exposure safety question, help please?
Hey guys, a quick question here. I've been looking to set up a workspace in my basement due to limited room (not a workshop, I work a desk job), and when I was setting up a space I noticed that there...
3
3

How many appliances should be on one breaker?
Whenever the question of wiring a workshop or garage comes up, I always mention that the lights should be on their own circuit, regardless of how many other circuits you plan to install. It really...
139
139

gas furnace igniter glows,no flame
the flame sensor is good and the gas valve seems to be also
3
3

Gas fireplace with heating that can work without electricity
If it puts out enough current to operate a gas valve it is more likely to be a thermopile . Often used as a current/voltage source with floor furnaces .
11
11

Water ph
How do i check water ph?
8
8

Cutting trench thru concrete/rebar floor?
If you own a typical 7.25 inch circular saw, I have personally used these Skil brand diamond blades to cut reinforced concrete. It will be far less expensive for you to buy this blade and an A/C...
23
23

How do I decide if these five tires are holed too close to the sidewall?
How do I decide if these five tires are holed too close to the sidewall? Yesterday, for practice in dismounting, patching, and remounting, I patched these 5 tires above, which a friend and I had lying...
60
60

What glue would you use for thick old ceramic like this?
What glue would you use for thick old ceramic like this? Would cyanoacrylate (crazy glue) work (I have lots)? http://i.cubeupload.com/mNXBVH.jpg
16
16

Good bye cable TV
If you are within 25 miles or so of the tower, you can get VHF with a coat hanger. A lot depends on the receiver in the TV but most are pretty good. I am getting Ch11 30 miles away with one of those...
13
13

Detecting pilot light failure
How about a battery-powered remote thermometer? For example:
5
5

Stove damper question
We heat with wood , burned in a King Circulater stove with an inlet damper comtroller by a bimetal thermo spring . I saw a video on Youtube where a guy claimed that a flue damper was better , kept...
2
2

Where do you buy California wheel weights for balancing tires at home?
So, what does Clare recommend? Govt regulation so that you have to prove that you have training, are certified, to work on your own car? Can you provide us some examples of the horrific results of the...
68
68

Gas fireplace
I have a blue flame in gas fireplace and burning of the eyes and nose.
2
2

Carbon Monoxide
I've seen many give aways for them. Various towns or fire departments make them available for anyone that cannot afford them. I don't know if they can make it mandatory for private homes, but rental...
27
27

OT: The Navy's Potential Sub-Tracking Drone Has No Engine
Ingenious approach The Navy's Potential Sub-Tracking Drone Has No Engine If President-Elect Donald Trump's aim is to cut costs, this is a bad way to do it.
2
2