Fiberglass exposure safety question, help please?

Fiberglass exposure safety question, help please? open original image

Hey guys, a quick question here. I've been looking to set up a workspace in my basement due to limited room (not a workshop, I work a desk job), and when I was setting up a space I noticed that there appears to be some exposed fiberglass in the ceiling- more specifically, above the concrete wall recessed into the ceiling (see picture). My question is, is this a hazard? I spend a significant amount of time working, so I can expect to be down in the basement at least a few hours a night. Thanks in advance!

AzureAbsolution

You can't post pics here, so we can't see it. But it sounds like fiberglass batt insulation installed around the perimeter rim joists. Nothing to worry about, it's perfectly fine. If I was tearing a bunch of it out, I'd put on a dust mask, but otherwise, it's intact, not going anywhere.

Reply to
trader_4

His picture showed up fine when I clicked on the link. I wonder why the difference.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

My bad. I didn't see the link, was thinking he was talking about posting to the newsgroup directly. And it is what I thought, fiberglass batts around the rim joists. Totally normal, safe and not an issue.

Reply to
trader_4