Lowes french door threshold help

I have a reliabilt French door I purchased from Lowes and installed 2 years ago. The side jams even though I primed and painted them before installati on, have rotted at the very bottom next to the sill. The adjustable sill sc rews have seized and wont come out. I looked online and called and it seems impossible to just find the top adj ustable part only. I really do not want to replace the entire threshold as this door is only 2 years old.
Is there anything I could fabricate or otherwise to just replace the adjust able top part? It looks similar to those adjustable oak thresholds but is a tan plastic.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 11:18:17 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

rs ago. The side jams even though I primed and painted them before installa tion, have rotted at the very bottom next to the sill. The adjustable sill screws have seized and wont come out.

djustable part only. I really do not want to replace the entire threshold a s this door is only 2 years old.

stable top part? It looks similar to those adjustable oak thresholds but is a tan plastic.

My advice is to first find out why parts of your door rotted out after only 2 years. A properly installed door should last essentially a lifetime.
You'll just be wasting time and money if all you do is throw parts at the door. You need to find out why/where the water/moisture is getting to the wood.
On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 10:59:38 AM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
:

ears ago. The side jams even though I primed and painted them before instal lation, have rotted at the very bottom next to the sill. The adjustable sil l screws have seized and wont come out.

adjustable part only. I really do not want to replace the entire threshold as this door is only 2 years old.

justable top part? It looks similar to those adjustable oak thresholds but is a tan plastic.

e.

This is similar to what mine is doing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd
Vpn14FVeM
I have a reliabilt French door I purchased from Lowes and installed 2 years ago. The side jams even though I primed and painted them before installation, have rotted at the very bottom next to the sill. The adjustable sill screws have seized and wont come out. I looked online and called and it seems impossible to just find the top adjustable part only. I really do not want to replace the entire threshold as this door is only 2 years old.
Is there anything I could fabricate or otherwise to just replace the adjustable top part? It looks similar to those adjustable oak thresholds but is a tan plastic.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Is your sill similar to this one? http://www.homedepot.com/p/M-D-Building-Products-4-9-16-in-x-36-in-Satin-Nickel-Aluminum-Adjustable-Thermal-Break-Threshold-49008/100353441
If so, I doubt you can buy just the part you want. Of course, if you can find a sill identical to yours you could buy it and just swap out the adjustable part.
The jambs rotted because the sill butts to them; if the sill was under the bottoms of the jambs, they would be unlikely to rot. If the sill was under them and you left an 1/8" gap between them, they would not rot.
The adjusting screws rusted because water got into them, not from the bottom but from the top. I have never seen any where water could get to them from the bottom. When/if you wind up replacing them, pack the hole snd screws with grease before you insert the finishing caps; they may still rust but the grease should keep the rust at bay for a while.