Older Style Threshold Weatherstrip??

I installed a 36" aluminum threshold with a raised gray vinyl weatherstrip at my front door about 15 years ago. After 7 years the weatherstrip needed replacing so I found one that would fit exactly and popped it in. Another 7 years has gone by and again I need to replace the weatherstrip.

It appears that the design of the weatherstrip has changed since I last purchased one. From the top they look the same but they no longer have the little "feet" or lip on either side which snap into the threshold channel. Instead, they curl inwards to fit into the threshold, and that type won't fit in mine.

Is there a source which still sells the older style vinyl weatherstips?

Reply to
Josh

if you cant find it at a local hardwares store then go to another.. in my area it took about 6 different hardware/building supply places to find the one i needed... (no i dont mean go to one home depot and then to another.. if one does not have it then you will not find it at another Home depot or other franchise type store......

Reply to
jim

These threshhold weatherstip devices are generally inexpensive. You could easily waste more money in gasoline going from store to store than the cost of a new threshhold weatherstrip.

Reply to
Loose Cannon

I sometimes find perforated, self-adhesive drywall tape at Lowe's and sometimes they have no slot for it at all. Same with their Stanley drywall tub. When I have the money for it they don't have the tub. When I don't have the money for it, they have it. One area Menards has some neat stuff, and another area one may not have the same neat stuff. Sometimes they DO have different products so it does not hurt to check out various branches of the same chain store. I have 3 local Menards, 2 local Lowe's and 1 new Home Depot. When on Menards does not have something special I am looking for one of the others may. When I travel doing jobs I find new things at different Menards and Lowe's. Just because one store doesn't have it doesn't mean the other branch does not carry it either.

-- Mike D.

Remove .spamnot to respond by email

Reply to
Mike Dobony