Stove damper question

We heat with wood , burned in a King Circulater stove with an inlet damper comtroller by a bimetal thermo spring . I saw a video on Youtube where a guy claimed that a flue damper was better , kept more heat in the room/space being heated ... and I wondered if there was any basis in fact for his opinion .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I've been told, but have no proof, that the only advantage of a flue damper is in high wind conditions the heat is not sucked out. We have an older Vermont Casting stove and they say not to use them, just the inlet control.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I've been told, but have no proof, that the only advantage of a flue damper is in high wind conditions the heat is not sucked out. We have an older Vermont Casting stove and they say not to use them, just the inlet control.

Yes flue and damper is 90% to keep carbon monoxide out and damper keeps or reduce burning factor that fire last longer.

Reply to
Tony944