Detecting pilot light failure

Well, it happened...first time it got me but it has happened on occasion prior...
Have small gas stove in well house for the obvious reason and didn't think to check for certain the other night but after was -17F overnight and it was obviously out and froze up, was wondering if could be a relatively simple way to get a signal that could use to alarm with?
It's a walk that isn't always the direction from which am coming that have to make a specific trip out there to check as is...a red LED in the window or the like would be helpful to avoid unneeded trips or to notify if out. Can, for example, see that window from house; a red light out there after dark would be quite effective and easily spotted...
As a side note I replaced the old "wild" pilot with a safety valve and new pilot assembly to hold the thermocouple a couple of years ago. This pilot seems much more susceptible to going out than the previous albeit with the safety factor of shutting off the gas when it is that the other didn't have...but, freezing up isn't a good option, either, if it does; took me most of day to get it thawed out given the temperatures reached...

How about a battery-powered remote thermometer?
For example: <(Amazon.com product link shortened)>
On Monday, December 19, 2016 at 9:16:32 PM UTC-5, Neill Massello wrote:

How about a smartphone app and temp sensor?
http://www.sensorpush.com/
On 12/20/2016 8:49 AM, trader_4 wrote:

No smartphone, maybe? :) But, a good idea otherwise...
The other poster on temp got me thinking to use temperature itself rather than trying to directly monitor the pilot light as was thinking and found a <$10 sensor microcontroller w/ 10A integrated relay that would work as long as have power -- could, even, with it control a backup electric heater if were gone so had backup as long as have power. Of course, rural power isn't all that reliable during storm which is why have kept the old NG heater which doesn't need power...
It's been a quandary for years about backup generator because have two separate transformers and well is on one while house is on the other which necessitates double isolation to be able to have both and the expense/complexity has been sufficient to just live with it...we don't lose for extended time that often that it's a real hardship generally, just inconvenient. Of course, when the big blizzard does come again, like '57 and it's a week or so... :(
On 12/20/2016 7:51 AM, dpb wrote:

Leave the light running all the time to show things are fine. If the light goes out, temp has dropped or the power has failed.
On 12/20/2016 10:02 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote: ...

The power outage at the moment defeats the system, granted...still have then to check manually unless were to run a battery backup and it's not frequent enough to make that worth the effort, probably, 'cuz then have to keep the battery charged/replaced.