How to re-light the pilot light on gas stove?

When I noticed the smell of gas, I discovered that the pilot light on the Hotpoint gas stove was apparently out. (Normally, when I turn on one of the burners, it lights. This time, it didn't light, so I assume the pilot light is out).

I then manually lit one of the burners (using a lighter) and hoped that it would automatically re-light the pilot light. It didn't. (When I turned off the burner and then turned it back on again, it didn't light).

Is there a way to lift up the top panel and access the pilot light?

wylbur37

That is the way most of them work. Have you tried pulling up on the front of it?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Are you sure there is a pilot light? When you turn it on does it normally click a few times before lighting?

Reply to
WDS

By now, you've either figured it out or we can watch you on the 9:00 news. But on most of the stoves I've seen the top just lifts up, held by only a snap catch.

Reply to
CJT

yep, raise the lid and light it.

Reply to