Best Rated threads in Home Repairshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Lawn Mower Stalling Question
Hi, Have a few year old self propelled lawnmower. Typical kind of thing. Starts right up, and works just fine if grass is "low". But if grass gets "a bit" higher, although still a reasonably low...
6
6

not sure if they are discontinued
I'm not sure if these are discontinued, but I can't find them anywhere. I really don't want to have to change the entire ceiling. Does anyone know where I can get these?
6
6

Sump pump hole
In a stone and clay crawl space, digging down I hit concrete along the wall? How far from wall should I go through it so as not to risk the foundation footing? I'll have to rent some kind of...
4
4

Maytag topi load washes agitates like crazy when filling, splashes water
I have a Maytag "commercial technology" top loading clothes washer. It recently developed the following problem: 1) It starts agitating like crazy as soon as the fill cycle begins 2) Agitation is...
1
1

Leak in bath screen hinge
Hi all, it's our first time having a bathroom redone. We're excited it's nearly completed, all except a leak in the bath screen hinge. We've asked for this to be looked at, and someone has come back...
5
5

can Loctite red threadlocker be used for this purpose?
I have a situation where I needed a 5/16" recessed nut threaded knob. However, at the local hardware, only a knob with a 3/8" recessed nut was available. Since I didn't have time to order and wait, I...
3
3

Wet/dry vacuum hose
Hi, I've a ShopVac brand wet/dry vac that has a 2.25" diameter opening for a ho se. I've seen some low-cost 20ft long hoses for sale online, but they're all 1. 25" hose with a 2.25" cuff. And I've...
8
8

Repairing Woodford Model 25 outdoor wall faucet
I have a Woodford Model 25 outdoor faucet. I am using the Woodford Model 25 repair kit to repair Wheel Handle, Head Nut and plunger assembly (parts #3, #4 and #10). See the image After opening the...
3
3

Selling A House With A Wood Shop - Leave It For Showing Or Empty It?
My neighbor is selling his house. He has a wood shop in his basement, maybe 15 x 25. Table saw, jointer, planer, bandsaw, a couple of workbenches, etc. The shop is at ground level, with a door to the...
23
23

OT: American drivers and pedal confusion
Why do I constantly hear of Americans confusing the brake and accelerator. Yet Brits never do so. Why? Some kind of coordination problem between left and right? For example: "Two staff members and...
57
57

Hard Wood Flooring in 1976 doublewide?
I recently inherited a doublewide 'mobile home' manufactured in 1976 which is located in a 55+ Mobile Home Park cooperative so I own the land) in an expensive seaside town in Northern California...
10
10

Need to identify the manufacturer or distributor of an LED
I got some hits using dimensions. I didn't see that part number. Greg
6
6

Why 3-prong plugs
SO OLD. Virtually everything in the last20 years anyway is "universal" or "auto switching" in the small SMPS world. Virtually all my laptop powes supplies and switch mode wall warts are listed as...
18
18

Major gravel driveway repair
More gravel, bigger size
5
5

I need shorter range legs
I purchased a Samsung range that only goes down to 36" with the legs screwed all the way in. Because we had new flooring added our counter tops are 3/8" to low. The slide in range lip is thus 3/8"...
4
4

Simple question r.e.: Power Strip into Circuit Panel
Power Strip into Circuit Panel I have a 14AWG power strip with ground, 6' cord, 6 outlets. Is it permissble to remove the plug and wire the strip directly into circuit breaker panel? I cannot find...
7
7

need tips/help for a rookie.
Hi all, I was a Civil Engineer and tried to keep myself updated on related interests, but possess zero practical experience as I moved on to IT career after my graduation. I visited certain for-sale...
6
6

Larson new elegance security door
I had a Larson storm door with 3-point locking system installed about 1 1/2 years ago. The bottom latch stopped retracting without warning and therefore door cannot be opened I wonder if anybody had...
3
3

Tree Puncture Wound Care ?
Drilled a 3/8" hole about 3" deep into the side of a maple tree - in order to mount a screw eye. Turned out to be the wrong location and now the tree has that hole in it. What would you do to minimize...
3
3

IP cameras
Is it wired or wireless?