Lawn Mower Stalling Question

Hi,

Have a few year old self propelled lawnmower. Typical kind of thing.

Starts right up, and works just fine if grass is "low".

But if grass gets "a bit" higher, although still a reasonably low height, the engine stalls on me.

The grass height that causes this really isn't overly high.

What does this sound like to you experts ?

Air filter perhaps ?

Or,...?

Thanks for help, Bob

Reply to
Bob

It sounds like all need to do is raise the height of the deck a notch or two. Stay on top of your lawn mowing and you won't have a lawn mower choking on high grass.

If you're lawn mower does not stall when the grass is a normal height then no, it's not your air filter.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

I had the same problem and after raising the height two notches it worked fine except when the grass was real high and that would lug down the engine until it stalls. I now use a weed whacker on all areas of high grass first.

Reply to
redzap78

Make sure the engine governor is working and maybe you need a new blade. A new blade made a surprising difference on mine. M

Reply to
makolber

Put a V8 on it - -

Reply to
clare

Gordon Shumway

Does it die right out, or give you a chance to lift it and regain rpm?

What kind of gas are you feeding it? If using ethanol based fuel, can you obtain non ethanol?

No...but, it never hurts to give it a cleaning. Better air flow to the combustion chamber is never a bad thing. :)

Reply to
Diesel