A/C vs. swamp cooler? (2023 Update)

On Mon, 14 May 2018 20:31:41 +0100, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

uilt next to it. Who the f*ck lives there? There must be a lot of peop= le with no sense of smell.

I would have kept digging and called it archaeology. You might have fou= nd a rare old coin or something.

-- =

The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformit= y; and there you have the trouble today is conformity: People acting lik= e everyone else without knowing why, without knowing where they're going= . -- Earl Nightingale

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

On Mon, 14 May 2018 20:42:33 +0100, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

If there's a fire, it wakes me up as it's harder to breathe. To me a sm= oke alarm is to warn me to stop it burning down a part of the house I'm = not in, or killing a pet, which is why mine are linked and all sound at = once.

-- =

A woman was standing at the edge of a cliff trying to get the nerve to j= ump off. A homeless drunk stopped and mumbled, "If you're about to kill yourself,= how about a shag before you go?" The woman was angry and said, "No! Fuck off you filthy old bastard!" The tramp turned to leave and said, "No problem, I'll just go and wait a= t the bottom then."

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

The steely glare of a loser?

Reply to
Tekkie®

On Mon, 14 May 2018 20:43:53 +0100, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

I was sure I wanted to jump, I'd be unconscious with smoke. I don't wan= t to live the rest of my life in a wheelchair.

I did put a fire out at the school I worked at once. Someone else had c= alled the fire brigade. By the time they got there it was completely ou= t, so I told them they were no longer needed. The fire brigade is for a= n out of control fire only.

-- =

A woman standing nude in front of a mirror says to her husband: "I look = horrible, I feel fat and ugly, pay me a compliment." He replies, "Your eyesight is perfect."

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

On Mon, 14 May 2018 20:45:54 +0100, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

:

Shortie?

-- =

A female friend of mine was admitted to a private hospital to try to lose weight. Naturally I sent her flowers.

I received a "thank-you" note several days later; it said, "Thanks for the flowers, they were delicious!"

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

On Mon, 14 May 2018 20:49:35 +0100, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

ote:

ar proof windows you can't fit through.

I have two doors, although I know of neighbours with only one door on th= e side of the house. You'd think that would fail some regulation or oth= er.

-- =

In 1977, researchers detected a strong radio signal from space that last= ed 72 seconds. It hasn't been detected since.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

On Mon, 14 May 2018 20:52:46 +0100, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

w about the amount of light?! Most people have their eyes shut in the b= edroom!

Why do you need natural light in a room you sleep in?

-- =

Paddy and his wife are lying in bed and the neighbours' dog is barking l= ike mad in the garden. Paddy says "To hell with this!" and storms off. He comes back upstairs 5 minutes later and his wife asks "What did you d= o?" Paddy replies "I've put the dog in our garden. Let's see how they like i= t!"

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

On Mon, 14 May 2018 20:58:47 +0100, Tekkie=AE wrote= :

te:

A pointed stick!

-- =

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics=

German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by Italians.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

On Mon, 14 May 2018 21:41:20 +0100, Uncle Monster w= rote:

ode of The Rat Patrol didn't appear next to it. 1966 just came flooding = back. I was a teenager and couldn't wait for the next episode. There wer= e no VCR's so we had to make sure we were sitting in front of the TV whe= n the shows came on. Dang! When I pulled up the list for the entire seri= es, I saw an episode of Combat! Darnit! Now I'm going to be tied up watc= hing those TV shows from

t after I dropped it a few times. Now I drop it all the time but the cas= e protects it. I've been watching the Andromeda TV series on the little =

7" tablet when I visit the toilet to drop a load of Readymix. I used to = take a magazine or newspaper(remember them) with me to the bathroom when= I needed to rid myself of toxic solid waste. Ain't technology amazing? = ^_^

I thought he meant to ship you in your entirety.

-- =

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Neither of them are true unless you think Arabs, Indonesian and blacks are the same, in the case of Muslims. Most Jews are caucasian, tracing their heritage to eastern and western Europe, a significant number living in North America. You probably even have native born scottish Jews.

Reply to
gfretwell

I know a guy who makes beer money digging up old bottles. You don't want a contemporary land fill but if you find one that is ~100 years old, there will be bottles in there that collectors will pay big bucks for in antique shops.

Reply to
gfretwell

The Palestinians would disagree with you.

Reply to
gfretwell

The problem these days is that they are using so much plastic in furniture and home furnishing these days that a fire can go from a flicker to out of control in minutes.

Reply to
gfretwell

They have a rule that dwellings need 2 doors but I have seen them side by side. In my Maryland house, if you had a kitchen fire, you would need to go through the fire to get to the back door and right by it to get to the front door. That is why I put in the sprinklers in the hall and foyer. I had planned to put a door in the bedroom after I put on the deck out back but I moved away before I got to it.

Reply to
gfretwell

Tommy Flanagan, who played Chibs in 'Sons of Anarchy' is probably the most famous recipient. Note the scars extending from the corners of his mouth where someone sliced him a new smile

Supposedly 'chib' is Scottish slang for a blade, possibly because Scots can pronounce 'shiv'.

rbowman

Yeah, Cromwell screwed that pooch too. Is there enough left of him to did him up and execute him again?

Reply to
rbowman

All except the convert part... Today's bag was 52 or 55 depending on who was counting.

Reply to
rbowman

I can't imagine that any of those, with the possible exception of Killington, have the views that Whiteface has. Mansfield and Camel's hump should be pretty good, too.

The sailplanes swarming around Whiteface were neat to watch, too.

Reply to
krw

Seconds

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Ouch.

I take it you meant "can't". Scots can't pronounce all sorts of things. The stronger one's accent, the lower one's intelligence.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife