A/C vs. swamp cooler? (2023 Update)

Then you are not saying what you would do, just telling us what we should do, yet you constantly ask why we need a gun.

Reply to
gfretwell

Most folks can drop 2 or 3 meters without having anything bad happen to them, particularly if you know how to land.

Reply to
gfretwell

And falls back down at 2 PM... Like the UK the major part of Florida is surrounded by water that smooths out the extremes. Unlike the UK it's about the same latitude as Egypt.

Reply to
rbowman

Considering I'm sitting at 3000', which is higher than any point in Alabama, and surrounded by mountains from 5000' to 10,000', yeah. otoh, you can find them, unlike Mt. Alligator or whatever the FL high point is. I can never remember the name.

Cheaha has abut 1400' of prominence which makes it stand out.

That not much of a mountain in an area that has 46 peaks over 4000' but it certainly gets photographed a lot. I've been on it in the winter and the summer; summer is easier but a few feet of snow discourages the crowds.

Reply to
rbowman

The question is how far away from us do you have to go before you say they aren't human? I don't call a King Charles Spaniel and a Rottweiler the same species, yet some people will say they're both dogs. Best not to leave them in the same room though.

Pakistan is full of the buggers. Best to keep them over there, or better yet use some bombs like they love doing.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

This but wider, an adult cannot get through the opening at the top:

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

ONLY double? Triple is quite rare in the UK.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Then your dad sees the footprints on the window/sill.

-- =

A bunch of lawyers were sitting around the office playing poker. =E2=80=9CI win!=E2=80=9D says Johnson at which point Henderson throws do= wn his cards. =E2=80=9CThat=E2=80=99s it! I've had it! Johnson is che= ating!!!=E2=80=9D =E2=80=9CHow can you tell?=E2=80=9D Phillips asked. =E2=80=9CThose aren't the cards I dealt him!=E2=80=9D

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Why do people say that shit? They all look the same so clearly they're a race. Maybe the race name is different, but most Muslims are the same race.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Mabee they just value their lives more and think beyond the end of their noses???

Reply to
Clare Snyder

If there were animals near here that could kill me, I'd have a gun, legal or not. But you guys mainly have them to shoot people.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Even in a panic, in the dark, in smoke?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

The two front windows on my house exit to a porch roof, and the window at the end of the hall exits to the garage roof which joins the porch roof, where it is only a 9 foot drop to the ground, or to the back of the garage where it is about 11 feet. The main floor has 3 exits - front porch, rear deck, and through garage. The basement exit is via stairs directly to the garage door. If therer was a garage fire spread into the house and I was in the basement "my goose may be cooked". There is a functioning smoke alarm at the top of the basement stairs, as well as in the basement, the living room of the main floor, and at the top of the stairway to the upstairs, as well as CO detectors on each floor (2 in the basement)

Reply to
Clare Snyder

He likely lives in Carntyne West or HagHill or?North Barlanark and Easterhouse South, or Old Shettleston and Parkhead North in Glasgow, the most crime-ridden city in Scotland - or perhaps Edinburgh or Aberdeen.Or perhaps even Ferguslie Park, Paisley Glasgow is also among the poorest cities in the UK (Only Hackney and Tower districts of London rank poorer), with the lowest average education level.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Britton Hill in Walton County is the "high point" - up in the panhandle. Down in the peninsula its around Lake Wales -"Sugarloaf Mountain" at about 312 feet. About the diffference in elevation between the Freeport Bridge at the west end of Kitchener Cedar Hill, a few miles to the North East.

Our local little ski hill, Chicopee, has a greater vertical drop than the total hight above sea level of Britton Hill!!!

Reply to
Clare Snyder

And sweating in DC actually accomplishes something

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Severe pessimist.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

None of the above.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Yes, you wouldn't want it flowing both ways....

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Nobody seemed to give a shit. Sometime they would see me go by the window in the living room tho.

Reply to
gfretwell