CO2 at highest level in 800,000 years

This doesn't bode well for the future.
Carbon Dioxide in the Atmosphere Hits Record High Monthly Average
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
https://wp.me/p4yQVf-pf
On Mon, 7 May 2018 16:21:04 -0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"

So is the population and those two numbers have been in lock step for 8000 years. Maybe if we can just find a way to scrub off a few billion people.
On Mon, 7 May 2018 18:21:48 -0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"

Scientific American had an excellent article about it some years ago before we were blaming CO2 on Hummers. The conclusion them was it is caused by the rise in agriculture and destruction of native forests and turf land. They explain a farm harvests the crop and turns the rest under, just about the time it starts being a decent CO2 sink. Even if you do blame it on man's activity, the more people who are here the more activity they will have so the hypothesis holds. Of course it doesn't help that countries like Brazil are burning the rain forest and draining wet lands to grow sugar for motor fuel.
On Mon, 7 May 2018 20:51:27 -0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"

I suspect your google works just like mine but I may still have the hard copy. I just don't feel like looking through 100 magazines so you can change the subject.
On Mon, 7 May 2018 23:52:43 -0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"

Bullshit. I told you I may have it in hard copy and you can look for it online as easy as me. I am not here to do your homework.
On Mon, 7 May 2018 23:52:43 -0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"

OK put your money where your mouth is
Scientific American March 2005 How Did Humans First Alter Global Climate? https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-did-humans-first-alte/
It will cost you $8 to read it.
Free articles that refer to burning the rain forest are here. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/deforestation-and-global-warming/
https://www.edf.org/blog/2013/03/20/tragedy-and-transformation-deforestation-amazon
Stop getting your science information from the daily KOS and you won't look so stupid.
On Tue, 8 May 2018 13:43:32 -0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"

Yeah, it took me about 30 seconds you lazy bastard.
On Tue, 8 May 2018 17:48:00 -0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"

It is not the same article but it is by the same guy.
On Tue, 08 May 2018 16:38:08 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in

Saw this posted in another thread:
MAN-MADE climate warming/change is junk science used by big-government tax and spend politicians and special interest groups to justify massive new taxes and government control (e.g. gas cans, light bulbs and carbon taxes). Indeed, many of the UN-IPCC input data assumptions used in the Global Warming Climate Change computer models are egregiously unrealistic, e.g. CO2 uptake via the global ocean/air interface, effects of solar activity, very limited data sampling, sub-surface ocean current movement changes, chronic underestimate of methane effects, variability of volcanic ash and CO2 ejection, methane overestimation, etc. There are many others. As the developers of computer models like to say: "Garbage in, garbage out".
On Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 4:53:52 PM UTC-4, CRNG wrote:

global%20climate.pdf

Exactly what the consequences will be, no one knows. But it's indisputable, sound science that the co2 concentration has risen sharply, to levels not seen in over half a million years and that change is due to burning carbon fuels over just the last 100 years. Co2 cycles in the past took tens of tho usands of years or more to change as much.

That is very well put.
--
A lawyer is simply a computer on two legs. It cannot think for itself, all it can do is remember vast amounts of information - past cases, billions of strange laws, etc.

Your about as bright as someone who believes in god.
--
It's called "Windows XP" because its full name, "The Repair Shop and Help-Desk Full Employment Act of 2006", won't fit on the box.

On Tue, 8 May 2018 23:07:31 -0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"

It didn't look the same (the graphics are different) but I also did not read the whole link you posted and compare it word for word to the magazine. I did agree it was the same guy and the same hypothesis. What the fuck do you want from me? At a certain point you just want to fight and insult.
On Wed, 9 May 2018 01:18:17 -0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"

Are you going to talk about the article or are you just going to continue to attack me?
On Wed, 9 May 2018 16:49:59 -0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"

You ignore the fact that population increased at the same time

You mean it'll go back to the way it was before oil and gas were created by rotting vegetation and animals? So just fine then.
--
A man spoke frantically into the phone, "My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart!"
"Is this her first child?" the doctor asked.

Global warming is more of a real estate problem than a human survival problem. If it gets warmer, crops and people will move north and farther inland. This really affects temperate and arctic regions more than the tropics anyway. There will be a lot of people on the coasts who have to move and there will be ocean front property in Orlando. The biggest problem is with the people who have to move across national borders but it is still a migration, not an extinction and it will happen over centuries not years.

So not a problem at all. People are migrating all the time anyway.
--
Is it true that DNA stands for the National Dyslexia Association?

On Monday, May 7, 2018 at 9:22:39 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

rote:

ed

.
That's assuming that the only effects are warming and sea level rise, which is very optimistic and likely wrong. What happens if weather pattern s change that make the main food growing regions incapable of producing? What happens if the ocean conveyor currents that we are only beginning to understand the roles of, suddenly change or reverse? We're really impacting things we don't fully understand.
On Tue, 8 May 2018 07:08:09 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

Food will grow somewhere, like I said, it is just a real estate problem ... but so are most wars. Mankind as a whole will be safe if we have global warming, it is nuclear war we should be worried about.