CO2 at highest level in 800,000 years

because reptards can't stand the truth

Reply to
ZZyXX

one has to think that the Moon might disagree, also that thing that caused the dinosaurs to go extinct would also disagree. I wouldn't throw out the Van Allen Belt either

The Howling Climate

Reply to
ZZyXX

They should go watch TV soaps instead of bothering people in reality.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Well put.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Actually long before the CO2 actually becomes a life threatening problem, the real estate issues will cause a war that sorts it all out, one way or the other. That is why the pentagon got involved in the first place. It is still arrogant to believe mankind will reverse this trend by simply changing the amount of fossil fuel we burn. The same people who were against fossil fuels when global cooling was the big fear, are against it now. That is the common thread in this discussion.

Reply to
gfretwell

They got you there, CO2 lowers the pH of the water and that tends to eat coral reefs.

Reply to
gfretwell

People ought to stop trying to predict the future. What happens happens. Why would the pentagon worry about something like that when the obvious threat are all the Muslims you keep letting into your country?

People didn't want to use fossil fuels when we thought the world was cooling? Why?!

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Coral reefs are very pretty, but I doubt they're actually necessary. Survival of the fittest - if the coral can't cope with a changing environment, then it wasn't meant to be. It's only present off a very small number of coasts, the other countries mange without one.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

And most likely something else will do better with the lower pH. Swings and roundabouts.

You have an acidic soil in your garden, you grow different flowers, simple.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

The pentagon is always trying to predict where wars will pop up.

Air pollution, peak oil, the evils of the automobile, having too much fun ... who knows.

Reply to
gfretwell

f us will die out and stop burning stuff.

Are you aware that CO2 emissions in the US and Europe are the same as they were 45 years ago, while the population has increased, the number of cars h as greatly increased, the size of homes has increased and our wealth has in creased? If we had taken your approach, it's all hopeless, we'd be driving in cars getting 10 mpg and running 60% efficiency heating and emitting 50% more CO2. Sounds more like the same people who were against govt mpg requi rements for cars, seat belts and air bags are against limiting CO2 too.

Reply to
trader_4

$3-4 gas has more to do with what we drive than any worry about the CO2. In fact I am old enough to remember them talking about the catalytic converter and how it made car exhaust little more than "water vapor and CO2, the gas in soda pop". That was the late 70s and early 80s when cars were already getting smaller, muscle cars were pretty much a thing of the past and the CAFE rules were getting tighter. Fortunately by the 80s the car manufactures were catching up and they figured out the way to bring back muscle cars was to put a computer in the engine bay. They could squeeze out hundreds of horsepower also damn near doubling the fuel economy and stay under the CAFE cap. That was long before CO2 was seen as evil. I doubt many people really care that much about CO2, it is money they care about and they certainly don't want to pay a lot of money for scams like Al Gore's carbon credits.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yet won't level the middle east. It's no use all those weapons just sitting in silos.

Some people need to get a hobby.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Now point to what terrible things haven't actually happened due to this "great loss".

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Keep telling your lies. BTW, what's the record of environmental extremists, to date? 0-1099? ...or is Manhattan under water yet?

Reply to
krw