Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What is this grass?
Hi. I laid a new lawn last year and it looked great. This year however the front half seems to be thin and I some very course grass growing in it. What is this grass it seems to grow thick stems out...
2
2

Preperation of new lawn
My previous lawn was in bad shape with too many weeds and poor drainage. Decided to redo the lawn and have managed to get it back to a position of soil. After some heavy rain today, i have noticed one...
1
1

Robomow RC304 constantly falls of edge of lawn
I have a RC304 and am very pleased with it except for one problem. My lawn is not a rectangle but has a lot of curved edges. The mower seems to have great difficulty in following the perimeter wire...
1
1

OT: Mintsim low cost cell service on Tmobile network
If anyone is looking for excellent low cost phone service, I recommend Mintsim, which is a MVNO on the Tmobile network. How well it might work for you of course depends on the Tmobile coverage in your...
1
1

N00bie Lawn person.
HI Guys, new to the forum so hello! thought id introduce myself... MY names Sean and purchased my first house last year... i took on some renovations to the garden then hurt myself in a bike accident...
2
2

Uses for cottage cheese
You still chew on forskins like bubble gum. LOL
9
9

Which rodent made this new mound in a So. CA area?
Was this big new mound made by a gopher, mole, etc. outside a rural So(uthern) CA(lifornia) home? It appears yesterday's morning and got bigger this morning. :( Thank you in advance. :)
10
10

Raising a Weeping Willow in a Pot: Tips & Tricks (2023 Update)
I have a weeping willow on the way that I purchased online. I may or may not plant it and prefer, if possible, to keep in a pot for a least a year. Is it possible to do this, and what process should I...
1
1

Mc Culloch lawn mower belt replacement
Hi I am trying to replace the drive belt on a Mc Culloch 46 cdma petrol mover I have removed the blade and belt cover also two metal belt guide But I cannot see how fix the new drive belt Any help...
3
3

Left it too late!
Hi I have a lawn that is not in great condition and think I've run out of time to make progress this autumn. The lawn is a mixture of grasses as some is old, some not so old and some new - probably...
4
4

AL-KO 1100 garden shredder problem (2023 Update)
My 30yr old shredder has never before given trouble. Now it starts well but after 7-10 seconds cuts out. I have had the capacitor tested - OK. What might be the problem
1
1

How to Fix a Drive Clutch on a Qualcast Suffolk Punch 35DL Lawn Mower (2023 Update)
Afternoon to all, Just wondering if we have any mechanically minded folk here? I have an issue with my Qualcast Suffolk Punch 35DL. I cannot get the drive clutch to work correctly (Not to be confused...
1
1

best time to re lay lawn
im looking to re turf the garden myself this year, when would be the best time to do so?
1
1

What is this stuff in my yard?
I have some things on my yard that I am not sure what it is. I have gone to two garden shops and got two mutually exclusive responses. After rains the last couple of weeks, I have a cottony cover on...
1
1

Patching bare spots in the yard for Dummies
This is for all the over dummies like me out there.... I searched all over about how to do this, and got tons of long, involved procedures, with strict quantities, testing soil, etc etc etc. Is it...
2
2