Which rodent made this new mound in a So. CA area?

Was this big new mound made by a gopher, mole, etc. outside a rural So(uthern) CA(lifornia) home? It appears yesterday's morning and got bigger this morning. :(

Thank you in advance. :)

Reply to
Ant

If there is no hole for entry and exit, it's a gopher. If there is a hole, it's a ground squirrel.

Reply to
David E. Ross

I have no way to judge the scale. How big is the hole? Around here (Tennessee) I would be inclined to say 'chipmunk' if the hole was the sort of size that a ping-pong ball might plug it.

Reply to
John McGaw

I'd say about an inch. Posion were redropped into its holes and tunnels again like near by. Also, an wireless motion detection camera to catch it in the act if it is still alive again.

Reply to
Ant

for a more far out shot.

Reply to
Ant

I'd get a game camera or one that is triggered by motion and set it up to see what comes to or from the hole.

It might have been a xxx but now it can be a snake that went in to eat the xxx.

Mart>

Martin Eastburn

Ok - got me. Not a 'Hippy' far out or way out .....

Mart>

for a more far > out shot.

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

So far, nothing since then. Maybe it ran away from the inserted poisons and disturbances? Last week, there were holes on the gravel walkway. :/

I have seen gopher snakes like this one from a couple years ago:

/
... Note how it is the same area.

Reply to
Ant

"Ant" reminds me of "The Naked Jungle"... and Eleanore Parker heats things up, literally and figuratively:

penmart01

I saw that one like a decade ago. It was OK.

Reply to
Ant

So far, no new holes.

Reply to