What is this fruit(?) found last week under these plants found in a Southern CA(lifornia) rural home area?

http://imgur.com/a/L9LD1
Are they safe to eat?
Thank you in advance. :)
--
"An ant is over six feet tall when measured by its own foot-rule."
--Slovenian

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chayote
"Due to its purported cell-regenerative properties, it is believed as a contemporary legend that this fruit caused the mummification of people from the Colombian town of San Bernardo who extensively consumed it. The very well preserved skin and flesh can be seen in the mummies today" John T.
On 11/19/2017 12:31 PM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

According to https://www.reddit.com/r/plants/comments/7e23yh/what_is_this_fruit_found_last_week_under_these/dq1vaxn /'s comment, Araujia Sericifera's fruits is toxic.
--
"What, like I had to live with all those ants? Do you know what I did to
those ants? HoooHooo! No more ants!" --unknown
On 11/21/2017 9:13 PM, Ant wrote:

The link as presented by Thunderbird is 404. I even tried removing the "'s", but that did not help. Then I tried removing more: "/'s". That worked. In the future, please comply with RFC 3986 (Appendix C) by bracketing URIs in text (as I do in my signature below for the URI to my Web site).
--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/

Give us a hint - is it 1 inch or 1 foot ? or perhaps something in between ... geeesh. John T.
On 11/19/2017 12:19 PM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

I'd say about 1.5".
--
"Left right left right we're army ants. We swarm we fight. We have no
home. We roam. We race. You're lucky if we miss your place." --Douglas
Ant wrote:

Whatever it is I do not think it is a choco, (Chayote) In Australia we used to eat tons of them,and make jam with them and they look nothing like your picture.