Rat poison

I have used half cement, half flour and it seems to have worked. I dont see them eating as much, but know for sure because i dont see or smell the dead ones. Any other homemade methods?
Do me a big favor though.... Just post things you have used personally. I can search myself if I want theoretical nonsense or sales crap.
...and buy the way.... Idjit? This is a pre empty strike two tail yew two shape up.