High Desert

All the rain water has at last soaked down and I'm able to walk around my garden without sinking knee deep in hardpan. The Iris that didn't rot from all the rain and flooding are now sending up new fans and should have a good bloom time this year. I've even found a few canna that have deared to send up a shoot. The biggest project is the setting up of my Morning Glory corner of the garden, this is where I've started planting special MG's I've gotten. A big buch of mixed seeds I planted on the back side of the garden area are already coming up.

Reply to
Starlord

The desert is a little less higher now that Hunter S. Thompson killed himself.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

The High Mojave Desert of Calif. is very much alive and living and I've never even hear of whoever that is/was. And anyone who takes their own life must have had a very sad life.

Reply to
Starlord

And you have the nerve to call yourself "Starlord".

Have you been living in a cave during your entire lifetime, you unhip Neanderthal?

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

I've spent most of my life working for a living, that is after I got out of the Army after a tour in Vietnam with the 4th Inf.Div.

As far as being Hip, I've always walked a pathway of my own. As it is now, I spend many good clear nights ( as I did tonight ) setting up my Big telescope on a street corner and offering free views of the Stars and Planets. My "High" has always been reading, watching, writting Sci-Fi. So what if I didn't know this guy whoever he was, I'd lay odds that I know of people who you've never even heard of and who in my world pays a bigger part than what's his name.

Was he a major grower/seller of Dahla's? I.Canna? or other plants? Did he ever design and build a telescope as I have? Did he ever write a Sci-Fi book and become well known for it? Did he ever breed and show cats? ( I'm a well known Japanese Bobtail breeder )

So before you go blowing smoke at someone who may not walk the same pathway you do, you should stop and think that maybe they walk a pathway that you know nothing of. I've seen some people die this last year that I think has left this world poorer for their passing.

There's no fear or loathing in the High Mojave Desert, in fact it's the other way around, what with the clear dark skys overhead, the Stars and Planets are awesome to view.

Reply to
Starlord

What is the URL of your cattery?

Reply to
Travis

escape

This does not include the countless articles, essays and other sundries he's responsible for. If you haven't heard of these books, you indeed may be a bit too sheltered in life. In the words of the late great Moe Howard, "spread out."

A list of Hunter Thompson Best Selling works:

# "Hell's Angels: A Strange and Terrible Saga" (1966)

# "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream" (1972)

# "Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail '72" (1973)

# "The Great Shark Hunt: Strange Tales from a Strange Time" (1979)

# "The Curse of Lono" (illustrated by Ralph Steadman) (1983)

# "Generation of Swine: Tales of Shame and Degradation in the '80s" (1988)

# "Songs of the Doomed: More Notes on the Death of the American Dream" (1990)

# "Silk Road: Thirty-three Years in the Passing Lane" (1990)

# "Better than Sex: Confessions of a Political Junkie (1993)

# "The Proud Highway: The Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman, 1955-1967" (1997)

# "The Rum Diary: The Long Lost Novel" (1998)

# "Screwjack and Other Stories" (2000)

# "Fear and Loathing in America: The Brutal Odyssey of an Outlaw Journalist,

1968-1976" (2000)

# "The Kingdom of Fear: Loathsome Secrets of a Star-crossed Child in the Final Days of the American Century" (2003)

# "Hey Rube: Blood Sport, the Bush Doctrine, and the Downward Spiral of Dumbness (2004)

escape

Reply to
Starlord

with book titles like that, it's no wonder I've not heard of him, they all sound very depressing and I'd rather sail amoung the Stars and Planets than be depressed. Would rather read sci-fi about the Dragon Riders of Pern than wading through some muck.

Thanks, but No Thanks.

countless articles, essays and other sundries he's

Reply to
Starlord

Google did not find it. I find it very stange that you don't know the URL of your own web page.

Reply to
Travis

Oh, I prefer conventional reality to lead me to ultimate reality, so while I have not read one Hunter Thompson book, my husband has every one and read some of them more than once.

The point here is, how does one live in the real world and not know who this person is. I can see by your answer that you live in the clouds, which is okay too, but to call something "muck" based on the title is a bit ignorant.

escape

Face the facts, babe.

You're really not living in the real world at all if you haven't a clue what's been going on in the real world all along.

You have nobody to blame but yourself. You wouldn't last five minutes where the buffallo roam.

If ever read the newspapers and saw Doonesbury in the funny pages, you would have seen Hunter S. Thompson portrayed as the character "Duke".

With your attitude you would never win Ben Stein's money!!!!

Maybe you are a different story once the drugs finally kick in?!!!!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....
1st of all, I've seen enough of the "Real World", I've been to 49 or the 50 states in the USA, I've seen parts of europe, I've seen Vietnam even.

I've worked for a living, even worked when I was only about 10 years old.

I don't need to be told what the world is like, I've "been there ... done that" more than I ever care to remember.

The only drug I take is asprin to deaden the pains in my knees, I watched idots in vietnam get high and then get themselves blown to bits.

The Mojave news is the only paper I pick up and it has no comics in it.

Live in the clouds? Na, I'd rather live far above them, in the endless reachs of Interstellar Space. And those books just sounded so depressing, besides, I've seen H.A.'s when I road with my dad in his 18 wheeler, no big deal, they don't bother me and I don't bother them.

This is my last post on him, I've never read his stuff and most likly never will, but in the mean time, not only do I have a box full of Sci-Fi books awaiting me, I'm also a follower of one John Dobson and he's far from being depressing and he's up in his 80's now and still pushing glass. Go look up John Dobson.

The Lone Sidewalk Astronomer of Rosamond.

Reply to
Starlord

Reply to
Starlord

The Akumaizer URL is no good. I just don't understand why Google can't find the "oldest active JBT cattery in the USA".

Reply to
Travis

The web host is having troubles of some kind and not all the sites are online. But if you'll go to google/images and imput Rideen, on the first page of images, you'll see a picture of Ch.Akumaizer's Rideen, a Red Tabby JBT of my breeding in years past. He was a son of Ch.Maryott's Shika of Akumaizer and my main stud male I have now goes all the way back to Shika.

In the JBT world I am known, heck even the JBT's that are down in S.Africa have some of my JBT's in their background.

My JBT cattery got it's start in 1973 when I bought Ch.maryott's Shika and I've still breeding. My stud boy was mated to 2 queens just last month.

The Akumaizer banner reaches far and wide and while it's been awhile since I've been able to show, I'm still around and aming to be around for some time to come.

There used to be a lady up in WA that until she quit and sold all her cats, had JBT's that reached into the Akumaizer line.

Reply to
Starlord

Reply to
Starlord

Ignore these trolls, Starlord. I'd never heard of the dead guy they're talking about, but then, I happen to avoid reading Doonesbury, and depressing books. E-mail me if you want to talk about Anne McCaffery, gardening, and the stars. And let these hate-mongers go on their way.

Side note: Ever notice how few really good Sci-fi and Fantasy authors off themselves, conpared to political hack writers? Wonder why that is...........

Murri

Reply to
Lady Blacksword

Too bad, Lady Blackhead, you opinion doesn't count for anything at all.

Hunter S. Thompson was not as Sci-Fi author you dimwit. Yeah sure, those political hack writers like Ernest Hemingway are always offing themselves. They were such bad writers they won pulitzer prizes. Jealous?

It would seem the troll is you, hateful biatch!!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....