High Desert

Hey Lazy Blackhead, you pussy whip. That was a long time ago. Let it go and get over yourself. You don't speak for the American Vets, you fascist jungle loving fluff boy.

Here's a better idea! Why don't you go over to Iraq and show those terrorists what a real ugly American looks like? Or are you too much of a boot licking coward to put your money where your stupid mouth is? Talk is cheap and so is your tired inane self-righteous pedant.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

Unfortunately, my knees have too many problems to survive boot camp, or I would already have enlisted in the Marines. And "letting it go" is precisely the problem with people like you. You'd rather "let it go" than remember the bravery of those who have died for our country. I have medical reasons, what's your excuse for not enlisting? Murri

Reply to
Lady Blacksword

Since I saw his message in a quote, I'm got something to say big time. I am a disablibed vietnam vet, I've lived with pain all my life and will live with it until the day the grim one calls my name.

He talks about killing babys in vietnam, I've got news for him, he's full of shit. I was with the 4th Inf.Div. central highlands, the very same unit that is now over sadams old country. I spent most on my time on a CA team, I drove a truck that had been modified to go where other trucks couldn't. We would go out to villages and set up medic tables and help the people out, teating wonds, illness, etc. The Mountainyard people where glad to see us as we'd haul their rice crops in for them.

In one village, we found that the dear little brown brother in their black PJ's, the ones called VC, had been there the night before and what they had done to the people there was something I'll never forget. While walking around the outside of the village, I found a MY boy, about 7 years old who had crossed and set off a vc booby trap made with White Pfhost. He couldn't walk, the lower 1/2 of a leg was burned right down to the bone. I picked him up and carried him to the medic, who called in a midicvac chopper and had him airlifted to the base hostpital. They couldn't save the lower part of the leg, but after it was healed, he was fitted with a adtical leg.

The last time I saw him, they where putting him on a truck to be taken home, now the Mountainyards ware brass arm rings, the more they have, the higher up in the village they are, I had found out the boy was the chif's son. As I was saying goodby, he took off two of his arm rings and gave them to me, the translator told me that he was making me a brother to him.

To this day, I have those rings in a place of Honor.

As for what that dipstick said, he'd best go talk to the vc and NVA about what they did to people who wouldn't support them.

Reply to
Starlord

"Starlord" expounded:

Thank you, Dennis, for your service. Believe me, many Americans appreciate your and your fellow soldiers' sacrifice. I know you don't let what newsgroup trolls say bother you.

Reply to
Ann

If you were following the thread, nobody put soldiers down. It was the absurdity of bringing Hanoi Jane into this discussion, which was met with, "they you must be a baby killer." It was almost ridiculously obvious. I have the highest regard for our duped armed forces in our country USA.

escape

I watched the movie with half my eyes. I was reading something when Mark was watching it. It was not an easy film, and Depp was beyond brilliant, as usual. I think I will rent it again and take a look.

I found Thompson to be one of our great minds in American literature. He had a sense of humor as big as a house. I wish you could have seen the episode with him on Conan. I was laughing so hard my back hurt. Conan is brilliant, in my opinion. To see him and Andy (it was a long time ago) out at Hunter's ranch shooting stuff was just beyond insane! Huge guns, huge ammo belts, and hand guns. Then it's always hysterical watching Conan trying to be manly!

If I see it on the Comedy channel or repeated anywhere I'll throw a tape in for you.

-snip-

escape

I think we are pretty much beyond the 27 year age limit. So, you were in Nam, AND you are able to enlist if you didn't have medical problems? Gee, I thought there was a max age.

escape

escape expounded:

I suppose calling someone a babykiller is a twisted kind of support.

I've followed the thread thoroughly. That was uncalled for. As for calling them 'dupes', please, no one is being duped. Saying that about the people who volunteer for military service is hardly supportive.

Reply to
Ann

You obviously haven't been paying attention. -I- wasn't in Nam. I have several family members who were. I happen to be 18, and eligible for enlistment. If my knees would stand that kind of training, I'd follow my father into the Marines in a heartbeat. Murri

Reply to
Lady Blacksword

I second that, and thank you, Ann, for adding in your comments. May all the Gods bless America and her sons and daughters in the armed forces worldwide. Murri

Reply to
Lady Blacksword

Sure you are. What took you so long to reveal this golden nugget, GI Joe?

Maybe you should contact Oliver Stone and he can make a movie about your war stories? Maybe you should write a book about them first? Would that be under non-fiction or fiction?

If you have been living with pain all your life, as you claim, that would mean you were in pain long before you were inducted into military service and if you were, they never would have accepted you in the first place. Gotcha!!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

If you haven't been following this nonsensical discussion from the beginning, then maybe you should just stay out of it Ann?

If you got yourself suckered into believing the bad fiction from Storelard, maybe somebody can sell you some beachfront property in Arizona too?

If you really were paying attention, you would have seen the "baby killer" remark was in the form of a question and not an accusation, you reactionary ninny.

If you are too naive to see just how corrupt the present republican administration is and how they have abused and slaughtered US troops for their own corrupt prurient interests then you really have nothing of value to say. (Not that you ever did.)

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

So you do admit that you are nothing more than a phony punk twerp troll stirring up trouble, you Lazy Blackhead.

Out with you, you vermin and stop wasting everyone's time with your bad fiction.

The only reason you know nothing about Hunter S. Thompson is because you really were just born yesterday and you don't know anything at all.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

When someone joins the armed forces, they from that day on until they leave the service (if they do), are NOT duped, they FOLLOW THE ORDERS GIVEN TO THEM. I didn't ask to go to Vietnam, and yes I was an RA, but after 2 1/2 years in Germany ( West then ) the army cut me orders and I came home on leave and then went to Ft.Lewis and from there to Vietnam.

Reply to
Starlord

If someone is in good shape, they can join any service up to about age 40. The draft age stops at I think 35 if single or 27 if married.

A person could join in good shape the NG and spend a long time as a member of them but only be active for 2 weeks uder normal useage, but right now the NG's are going overseas for unlimed time.

Reply to
Starlord

Joined? Most of who were forced to serve during the Viet Nam war were drafted. How soon they forget.

And to think during the entire time you served, you claim you were in intense pain too!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

"Cereus-validus....." expounded:

I have the whole thread right here it all it's nonglory, Stevie. I'll go where I please.

Bad fiction....you truly are an idiot. Dennis hasn't said anything inflamatory, that's all been left to you, as usual.

There was absolutely no need to call anyone that. That's a horrible slur left over from the scum who 'greeted' the returning Vietnam war veterans. Good to see it's still being put to use by liberal fools who think it makes them somehow better.

Nor have you in this discussion, Stevie. I'm absolutely horrified that people have died defending your right to be a fool. In public.

Reply to
Ann

As usual Anniepoo, you are completely off the wall and got everything completely screwed up in the pin head of yours, you flatulent bean brain.

If you were really concerned about the boys serving in the military, you would be in Washington protesting the corrupt administration that has them dying needlessly in their private little war for oil for the rich that nobody wanted. Rumsfeld actually had the nerve to go over to Iraq and told the troops to screw themselves and do as they are told. When there was the public outcry to have the bastard fired, Dubya had the nerve to back up the nasty things the coot said.

If you still haven't caught on to what is really going on, you have absolutely no right to be flinging feces from your monkey cage. You are the fool but you are far to arrogant to realize it.(as usual!)

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

Ann, have you ever noticed that when someone does not agree with these types of users, that they start making up slang words instead of using someones normal name/handle?

I've used the "Starlord" name for a long time, my first trys at sci-fi back in days far gone used that and I got it from a good sci-fi writter's books.

Oh btw, if you could see my voting record, you could say I'm a liberal in a way, but I read and then vote my own ideas, not to follow just anyones way.

Yesterday I was out in my garden part of the day, planting more morning glory seeds and pulling grass away from my iris that are coming back to life.

Reply to
Starlord

Certainly proving he was of no value!

Reply to