Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Question for Dremel users (2023 Update)
I own a 4000 and have a fair few of their Speedclic tools and there seems to be no decent way of storing them in a decent case/holder. Other Dremel users how do you keep your discs in a nice order?...
1
1

3M dust mask
Hello, I'd like to know if anybody has recent experience of the 3M 6000 series masks which seem to require several parts to make them usable. I'm after a good dust prevention mask to work in a filthy...
3
3

Hi, I am having trouble getting my 1200 model Rain Dial to work, changed the battery, set the time but could not change it from PM to AM watering, even tried to run a test, but couldn't. PLEASE HELP! Also, a red wire has been severed. I do have a manual t
Although a red wire has been severed the controller box is operable, I am able to program the box to an extent.
1
1

untreated pergola needs quick save! (2023 Update)
My ex-husband built a large pergola over our patio with untreated (pine?) wood. He was about to finish it and then we divorced. I got the house, so he refused to help or share his plan. 2 years later,...
4
4

Hot mopping (2023 Update)
I recently got my upstairs shower hot mopped about a week ago. Redoing our master bathroom. Because the master bathroom is in my room I can?t seem to get the hot mop smell out of my room. I?m going...
1
1

my nutone bathroom model 9905-r02 (2023 Update)
my nutone bathroom model 9905-r02 also has a heating element. When the heating element is used, it does blow hot for a minute or two and then blows the circuit breaker. I replaced the heating element...
1
1

Lintel loading and size (2023 Update)
I need to calculate the loads on a lintel for a 2 m opening in a 10" ( brick+ cavity+ 100mm block ) ground floor gable wall through to a sunroom at the side. The opening will start about 1.2 m from...
1
1

DIY Attic Conversion: Maximizing Space on a Budget (2023 Update)
Looking at coverting an attic to living space that has full oak 2 by 6 as floor/ ceiling of lower space with a 16 foot span. Just mainly want to put mattresses on floor and clothes up there. Was...
1
1

Update/Improve Old Tiled Corner in Livingroom (images included) (2023 Update)
I need ideas, tips or advice on how to spruce up this corner in our living room. If you look at the pictures, we now have a little stove in place of what used to be the old open fire, which used the...
1
1

Fixing Timber Fence Post Caps: Best Practices and Tips (2023 Update)
Has anyone got any tips please for fixing timber fence post caps in place? Is the proper way to whack a galvanised nail through or drill a hole and screw down?
1
1

Swamp Cooler
My swamp cooler keeps shutting off and after a while, it will come back on. Also when I turn it on after letting the pump run for a while it makes a squealing sound. I need some help with this one.
1
1

Ac motor kicks off
Old motor kick off and turned back on after it cools off. Replaced motor with new one. Does the same thing. Disconnected fan belt and it still turns off. What?s going on ?
1
1

Spiders - How to get rid...
Anyone tell me how I can get rid of these spiders. I seem to have loads of them. Hes a link to a you tube video to show you Spiders I found whilst clearing my shed. I let them out into the garden...
1
1

recommend staple gun?
I tried my trusty hand stapler last week in an effort to re-cover some chair seats. Unfortunately it wasn't powerful enough to push the staples fully into the particle board for the seats (the last...
5
5

Kew Wash Wiring
I have a Kew pressure wash that was hunting so decided to have a look at the business end. First mistake I made was taking the electrical components off the mounting plate and the second mistake was...