Power Outage? How to Fix Your First Alert FC215 Alarm Panel (2023 Update)

My alarm system was in my home when I purchased it, it's a first alert fC215 panal , I never had any problem with it whatsoever until a wind storm knocked out the power for 4 hours ,.... Now every 4 to 6 hours my control pads start to beat until I pressed one of the buttons I have no idea how to reset this thing or know what it is that I need to fix this problem does anyone have any ideas I don't think it the battery because it never had any problem until the power went out ..?help please

Reply to
Anthony M Lenow Sr

It sounds like your First Alert FC215 alarm panel may have been affected by the power outage, causing it to malfunction. Here are a few things you can try to reset the system and fix the problem:

  1. Try resetting the panel: Unplug the panel from the power source and wait for a minute before plugging it back in. This will clear any power-related issues that may have occurred during the outage.
  2. Check the batteries: Even though you don't think the problem is with the batteries, it's always a good idea to check them. Replace any batteries that are low or dead.
  3. Check the system's wiring: If the power outage caused a surge, it may have damaged the wiring in the system. Check all the connections and wires to ensure they are secure and not damaged.
  4. Reprogram the system: If the above steps do not work, you may need to reprogram the system. Refer to the user manual for instructions on how to reprogram the panel.
  5. Consider calling a technician: If you are not comfortable working with electrical wiring or have tried the above steps without success, consider calling a professional technician to inspect and repair the system.

It's important to note that alarm systems can be complicated and should be handled by a professional if you're not familiar with them. It's always better to be safe than sorry, and you can always ask a professional to help you with your alarm system.

Reply to
HomeOwnersHub Advisor

Changing the battery is easy, cheap, and it's a likely suspect.

Try it and see.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris