3M dust mask

Hello, I'd like to know if anybody has recent experience of the 3M 6000 series masks which seem to require several parts to make them usable.

I'm after a good dust prevention mask to work in a filthy loft and have looked through the Screwfix website. Having bought and discarded a disposable JSP which didn't fit very well I'm moving on. However the 3M mask seems to need a set of vapour filters first onto which can be fitted a particulate filter which is the one I need.

My question is has anybody used a 3M mask for dust filtering without having to add the vapour filter first, in order to avoid spending money unecessarily?

Thanks for any useful replies.

PB Cromer

Reply to
Paul Bird

bit quiet here, try uk.d-i-y

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Oh thanks, I looked for that earlier today but couldn't find it.

Thank you.

Reply to
Paul Bird

Just don't mention the political situation...

If you don't find one that works post back and I'll dig mine out. Seems to work OK.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris