Respirators

Several years ago, I bought a decent-ish respirator from a BM (can't recall which one.) It's a twin filter, nose & mouth job with exhaust valve, twin straps & uses screw-in filters about 6cm across & 3cm deep. I bought dust & vapour filters to use as appropriate.
But ... I can't seem to buy the filters any more. It was quite expensive, so I don't really want to buy another one. Anyone got any good ideas where I can get these (the original BM doesn't even sell the respirators any more)?
Or, failing that, respirator recommendations sought.
On 8 May 2004 12:06:09 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ukmisc.org.uk (Huge) wrote:

You don't remember which make, or it isn't on the mask?
I did a similar thing and bought one from BuilderCenter, but they've swithced supplier, didn't know who the previous one was and there was nothing on either masks or filters other than an EN number to represent the filter type.

I bought a 3M one after that, because I know that I can then get the spares almost anywhere.
I got a 6000 series respirator (three sizes depending on the size of your mush) and then ther eare a whole range of vapour and particulate filters to go with them.
RS carry them (766-233) but there are numerous other stockists.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

recall
&
so
more)?
I have heard that one of the manufacturers, who supplied under more than one brand name, went belly up a while back. I found that out when I tried to buy replacement filters for a mask we use at work.

I bought a North half-face respirator as a replacement and that seems to be a good choice.
Colin Bignell
Huge wrote:

Don't know if you have already tried, but if the filters have a barcode or EAN number you could try searching one of the online databases.
My favourite one went offline, but these work. Sometimes. http://www.ean.ie/searchgepir_ch.shtml?sid=6&ssid  http://www.upcdatabase.com /
Might get you a parent company.
Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.

<stupid> I threw them away. </stupid>

Huge wrote:

Try ARCO they carry a wide range and can probably supply something suitable, and new kit as well....
Niel.