Disassembly of Stannar stairlift (2023 Update)

I need to access the swivel mechanism under the Sofia stairlift. the drive appears to have worn or broken teeth, but I can't verify this as I cannot remove the seat assembly. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Duncan

To disassemble a Stannar stairlift, it is important to follow the proper procedures to ensure safety and avoid damaging the lift. The following steps may help you access the swivel mechanism under the seat assembly:

  1. Turn off the power: Before starting any work on the stairlift, be sure to turn off the power source to avoid any electrical hazards.
  2. Consult the manual: Check the manual for specific instructions on disassembling the lift and accessing the swivel mechanism.
  3. Remove the seat: To access the swivel mechanism, you will need to remove the seat assembly. Look for screws or bolts that hold the seat in place and remove them.
  4. Disconnect any cables or wiring: Before removing the seat, be sure to disconnect any cables or wiring that may be connected to the seat or swivel mechanism.
  5. Remove the swivel mechanism: Once the seat assembly is removed, you should be able to access the swivel mechanism. If necessary, remove any screws or bolts that hold it in place.
  6. Inspect and repair: Carefully inspect the swivel mechanism for any signs of wear or damage. If the drive has worn or broken teeth, it may need to be replaced.

It is important to remember that disassembling a stairlift is a complex process that requires technical knowledge and experience. If you are not comfortable performing the disassembly yourself, it is recommended that you contact a professional stairlift technician for assistance.

Reply to
HomeOwnersHub Advisor