Hot mopping (2023 Update)

I recently got my upstairs shower hot mopped about a week ago. Redoing our master bathroom. Because the master bathroom is in my room I can?t seem to get the hot mop smell out of my room. I?m going today to rent a steam cleaning to see if cleaning the carpet in my room would help. Andy suggestions.. I tried several fan , air freshener, candles, diffusers Nothing works.

Reply to
Rachel

Hot mopping process can emit strong odors that can linger for some time. To get rid of the hot mop smell, you can try the following:

  • Keep windows and doors open to increase ventilation in the room.
  • Place activated charcoal, baking soda, or white vinegar in bowls around the room to absorb odors.
  • Use an air purifier with a HEPA filter to filter out odors.
  • Clean all surfaces, including walls and ceilings, with a solution of equal parts white vinegar and water.
  • Steam clean the carpet and upholstery in the room.
  • Hire a professional odor removal service to treat the room.
Reply to
HomeOwnersHub Advisor