Removing Velux window from frame

Anyone know how to take the "window" part out of the frame on a Velux skylight? I need to take it out to get access to the chimney next to it (long story - large extension prevents ladder access and I'm too nervous to go scrambling). There's an arm that supports the moving part with a stud marked "Press" but it won't move more than slightly. Anyone done it?

Reply to
merlin

I think the Velux website has some instructions on it.

Reply to
BigWallop

Pull the frame down as if you were opening it, open it until you can see the brackets that hold the frame in, they are on both sides in the middle. The button you mentioned is what hold the frame from coming out. with a screw driver push this button in, both sides. Tip the frame until you have about a

100mm or 4" gap at the bottom. The top of the frame should be at the bottom , like inside out. Hold the frame with both hands, one at the top and the other at the bottom, then slide the frame out wards. Its advisable to do this with two people. Getting it back in is a two handed job.the buttons automatically jump out when the window is closed.
Reply to
keith_765

This thread is very old but I've been stuck for 3 days trying to reinstall the sash in a FK06 (center pivot) window. The frame is in the roof above a bathroom, so its center is about 15 feet above the floor. Can't just walk up to this one. We're on ladders in the bathroom. Standard roof pitch for New England. We have tried and tried but cannot get the sash back into the frame. There's a pin about 3/8" dia and there's also the curved thing with the locking button. I can't find any videos about how to put the sash back into a frame that's in the roof, not on the floor. Where, exactly, does the pin go ? What position of the sash, exactly, is required to slide the curved piece back into the bracket ? What goes back first -- the pin or the curved thing ? Nothing I've seen even mentions the pin.

Reply to
NewtownGal