gas meter Shlumberger R5

I have been trying to persuade my gas supplier to change my meter to one with a pulsed output, so I can feed the data into a building management system. It's kind of peripheral to my work and I want to learn how these things operate.

The gas supplier is playing dumb and pretending not to understand, for reasons not clear to me.

I have a Schlumberger R5 meter which says it delivers one pulse per cubic foot, but I don't think it has the necessary sensor fitted. There's a blue plastic plug above the dials. I can't find out about this particular meter as this company were taken over some years ago.

Does anybody know how you take off the pulsed output from this meter, or who I might contact?

Reply to
Andrew Vevers

Unfortunately it's not yours to tamper with! The meter asset is now owned by your shipper.

Leave well alone.

Take it from a man that works for the transporter!

Sorry

AE

Reply to
Andy

I work for a water company and we are constantly asked for the same pulsed outputs on water meters. I suspect the reason the gas company is ignoring your pleas is the same as why my employers do as well - pulsed output meters are more expensive to buy, fit, maintain and test and they carn`t `load` your charges to recover the costs.

If this is such an issue to you why not install your own private (CORGI only) pulsed output meter some place after the gas companys one?, assuming they don`t mind & you pick up the bills for it that the gas company are trying to avoid.

Richard

message

Reply to
Richard

how do you reset the diaphragm on a R5 meter, I turned it off to install a water heater. some pressure coming in very low.

Reply to
Brian Woodhull

I have a bad feeling about this.

I'll do my own plumbing. Worse I can do is damage my house.

I won't touch gas.

Because the worst I can do is destroy the entire street.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

The meter has a small telephone type connector under the display this is connected to a magnetic reed switch which gives pause per rotation of the red dial I have mine connected to a simple pulse counter with a reset button and it works fine. The connector is 2 wire from an old phone modem connector rj 2 I think hope that helps

Reply to
brian