Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

My Koehler is blowing oil out of the valve cover in to the carburetor
My kohler 16 hp is blowing oil out of the valve My Koehler enging is blowing oil or the valve cover onto the carburetor cover lnto carburetor
1
1

Insulation HELP
I tried to research and find out what I am dealing with, as I am looking to install fiberglass batts over this blow in insulation and make a storage floor to use the attic as storage space. But I can...
2
2

Easily Fixing a Loose Light Fixture on Your Broan Allure Range Hood (2023 Update)
I have Broan Allure hood and range and the light fixture on the inside is loose where it moves around is it fixable
1
1

Hanging hose reel on stucco
I have been trying to hang a hose reel on my 2yr old house that has stucco walls. I used a stud finder and marked it accordingly but it only drills through a small amount. Is it the drill. It I am...
2
2

Make a handheld Vacuum Cleaner an Anti-Static tool?
I've got a cheap (£25/$30) hand held bagless 500W vaccum cleaner made out of ABS plastic that must create a lot of static electricity when in operation. I'd quite like to use it to clean dust out...
1
1

Putting patio doors in Compton Garage by removing some panels
I have inherited from the previous owners of my house a hideous Compton sectional garage, 14 feet wide and 20 feet long. With limited budget (none!) I cant get rid of it, so have a plan to 'make it a...
3
3

toilet ventilation into stairwell
Enviromental health Scotland tells me i cant extract a toilet fan into the close of a tenament building it has to be extracted into the open air. Can anyone confirm this as i cant find any info. Is...
10
10

heating
i have a sarigas bo iler the hot water works fine but when you use heating comes on for a few seconds the cuts out
5
5

Advice on materials for bathroom
I want a new bathroom suite, not too expensive, just one that is functional and value for money, and so last for some years without the taps falling o ff and shower going hot and cold! Each showroom...
8
8

What is this shelf/rack for?
Recently bought a house. This device is found in two of closets, one per closet, about 3 feet off the floor. Any idea what is it for? Thanks. https://www.homeownershub.com/img/9u
1
1

Determining the Right Size Sinuous Spring for Your Recliner and Tool Options for Stretching It (2023 Update)
Leather swivel recliner with broken sinuous spring. Measures 17" out but the ones still in measure 19" stretched. What size do I buy and will a trampoline spring puller suffice to stretch it? Have...
1
1

temporary ID marking of flagstones
Hi, I've got about 150 limestone and slate flagstones of various sizes to l ay to make a patio, Ive measured each one and drawn a 'jigsaw' on screen. I want to be able to mark each stone with a number...
2
2

Swamp cooler moter will not move
Swamp cooler mother will not start moving unless I start sponging it by hand and belt is not to tight
1
1

Troubleshooting Your Bosch Heat Pump Tumble Dryer's Condensation Collection System (2023 Update)
I have a Bosch heat pump tumble dryer. I followed the instructions to fit the drain hose and plumb it into my under-sink waste pipe. The condensate is going into the waste pipe - but now I've just...
1
1

Drilling holes in cedar posts
I have purchased some round old unused cedar posts from a rancher. My plan is to use them as line posts for my fence. I want to sink them and then run sucker rod through them, to resemble a 3 rail...
2
2