Swamp cooler moter will not move

Swamp cooler mother will not start moving unless I start sponging it by hand and belt is not to tight

Reply to
Norman Thomas Doherty jr

replying to Norman Thomas Doherty jr, Iggy wrote: Call in an HVAC guy or company (no I've never witnessed a woman HVAC technician anywhere nor at any time, not even a ductwork chick). You may need a new Capacitor, Sequencer or the addition of a Hard Start capacitor assistant.

Reply to
Iggy