combo air conditioner/ swamp cooler?

Hi All,

Is there a such thing as a combination air conditioner and swamp cooler?

-T

do you mean to act in concert or seperately

Reply to
ZZyXX

One unit. I get to pick which function I use depending on circumstances.

I don't have a space for two units

ZZyXX

In theory, it sounds like a good idea. From practical experience, I've never seen a combo product that works as well as dedicated units. I'd not buy something like that unless I saw it in action over a season or two.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It doesn't look like anyone has done one.

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

:

n use a cooling tower where the condenser is cooled by water being sprayed into an airstream in the cooling tower. The water is collected in the botto m of the cooling tower then circulated through the condenser heat exchanger then back to the top of the cooling tower spray heads. 100% humidity is no t unusual here in Alabamastan and the cooling towers still work albeit at a much higher temperature than a swamp cooler in the dry Western states. We s till have swamp coolers for commercial kitchens, dry cleaners and some outd oor patios. I have rebuilt several swamp coolers on businesses. I've yet to see a swamp cooler on a house around here. ?(?)?

he roof and it kept it cooler on the patio than the outdoor ambient tempera ture during hot dry summer weather. The average humidity around here is qui te high and swamp coolers would not work well for cooling homes. Right now, the temperature is 63°F and the humidity is 88%. When daylight comes and the temperature starts rising, the humidity may drop some but it's suppose d to hit 84°F this afternoon. I'm glad this place is air conditioned. I just r emembered, we bought a portable swamp cooler from WW Grainger some years ag o to use on job sites. I'll have to ask my brother if he's still using it.? (?)?

Does it still work with the swamp drained?

Reply to
Tekkie®