Heat pump dryer and condensation collection

I have a Bosch heat pump tumble dryer. I followed the instructions to fit the drain hose and plumb it into my under-sink waste pipe. The condensate is going into the waste pipe - but now I've just noticed that the condensation container has some water in it too, which wasn't there before.
Is it normal for the condensation water to be discharged both into a drain pipe and into the container? The book doesn't suggest this could happen.