Drilling holes in cedar posts

I have purchased some round old unused cedar posts from a rancher. My plan is to use them as line posts for my fence. I want to sink them and then run sucker rod through them, to resemble a 3 rail fence. What the best type of drill and drill bit to use? Some are probably 6' across.
On 16/06/2017 21:14, Debralb67 wrote:

Line post. Sucker rod. posts 6ft across.
Nope, sorry, your language is far enough from English that I don't understand you.
(you do realise this is a UK newsgroup?)
Andy
On 18/06/2017 21:50, Vir Campestris wrote:

What, in the UK we don't use drills and we pay a chap to do the work for us, doncha know?