Drilling holes in cedar posts

I have purchased some round old unused cedar posts from a rancher. My plan is to use them as line posts for my fence. I want to sink them and then run sucker rod through them, to resemble a 3 rail fence. What the best type of drill and drill bit to use? Some are probably 6' across.

Reply to
Debralb67

Line post. Sucker rod. posts 6ft across.

Nope, sorry, your language is far enough from English that I don't understand you.

(you do realise this is a UK newsgroup?)

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

What, in the UK we don't use drills and we pay a chap to do the work for us, doncha know?

Reply to
The Todal