Black widow (and nest?) in sprinkler control unit

In my attached garage is the unit that controls the sprinkler system for the lawns. I went to turn the unit back on (it has been off for months) and saw a large spider above it that I later confirmed (I saw the red hourglass) is a black widow. It disappears into the unit if it detects vibrations. My concern is that it has a nest there (there is visible webbing) and soon I will have many of these in my garage. How do I get rid of it (and the nest)? I cannot spray insecticide into the unit -- it may mess with the electronics. I know I could just leave it alone, but it is an attached garage and my concern is with these spiders getting into the home. I really don't have a fear of spiders in general -- if I see other types in the house I often ignore them.
On 27/05/2017 20:44, Firsthome wrote:

That's odd, they're pretty rare in the UK. I suggest you call your local natural history group, they might be interested.
(You do realise you are reading the newsgroup free.UK.diy.home via that crappy web interface?)
Andy