Black widow (and nest?) in sprinkler control unit

In my attached garage is the unit that controls the sprinkler system for the lawns. I went to turn the unit back on (it has been off for months) and saw a large spider above it that I later confirmed (I saw the red hourglass) is a black widow. It disappears into the unit if it detects vibrations. My concern is that it has a nest there (there is visible webbing) and soon I will have many of these in my garage. How do I get rid of it (and the nest)? I cannot spray insecticide into the unit -- it may mess with the electronics. I know I could just leave it alone, but it is an attached garage and my concern is with these spiders getting into the home. I really don't have a fear of spiders in general

-- if I see other types in the house I often ignore them.

Reply to
Firsthome

That's odd, they're pretty rare in the UK. I suggest you call your local natural history group, they might be interested.

(You do realise you are reading the newsgroup free.UK.diy.home via that crappy web interface?)

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris