Mold Smell

Our home has a mold smell and we are not sure of the source. Should we call an independent home inspector? Calling a mold expert seems risky since they are selling services.
On 13 May 2017 11:44, redtomato wrote:

Check the air bricks are open and free from debris, that's if you have them. Old house or new house? When was it built and what was the type of construction. Have chimneys been taken out recently? Might be worth having a survey for damp done by a registered surveyor.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden
On 13/05/2017 12:44, redtomato wrote:

First, you want to look for a newsgroup for your country. USA? (it's spelt "mould")
The climate may not help. Whereabouts are you?
It may just be condensation. Do you dry washing indoors? Take showers? Cook? Open windows?
Andy