turned off water valve outside of house (not at street) and water still comes out of all bathroom faucets.

i have done this before when changing the angle stop on the other sink in the bathroom with no problems. this time i shut off the water at the same place, at the pipes next to the house where the valves for the house and lawn are. i opened the faucets to drain the leftover water and it continues to flow at a slow pace from both bathroom faucets and the tub diverters. i checked the kitchen and the water doesn't flow from that faucet. what is the problem? is there a pipe problem that i'm not aware of or is it the valve itself?

Reply to
tchurch

You might like to look for a newsgroup appropriate to your country. This is a UK newsgroup (we have taps, not faucets!) and the way in which plumbing is done may well be different.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

replying to tchurch, Iggy wrote: All but the kitchen faucet may be at the lowest points and you just didn't let it drain entirely. But, most likely, your Compression Valve needs a new washer and is not turning the water off completely. You weren't exactly clear about the valves you turned off being by the Water Meter. Though, around me, there's a valve immediately before the Meter and then also after it. In my case, the valve before the Meter is a Gate Valve and can't be re-built in-place and must be replaced by a Plumber or by your Water Utility.

Reply to
Iggy

replying to tchurch, Iggy wrote: tada

Reply to
Iggy

Check if the water line is having any other hidden sources of a water pipeline that have connected to your mainline. Also, check if there is any leakage in the valve - which might lead to the passing of water.

Reply to
Melissa Wayne