granny flat heating and hot water

hi im after some advice, im building a granny flat for my elderly mother at the bottom of my garden, it will only have an electric supply (no gas). its a 35 square meter single storey building, bedroom, shower room, and open plan kitchen living area. im wondering what the best way of supplying the heating and hot water would be. the budget is very tight so solar etc isnt an option, im looking for the most cost effective solution to running costs im on an economy 7 tarrif thanks for any ideas in advance
On 28/01/2017 16:14, markymark wrote:

Try uk.d-i-y.
But - the important thing is insulation. More of it than you think. Don't just go with what the building regs require, put _lots_. Double glaze it - then add secondary glazing too. put a foot in the roof. Fill the walls with insulation.
The most economic solution will be a heat pump - but whether the cost will be paid back in the lifetime of the building is another matter.
And I do hope you _do_ have planning permission? And Building Regs? If you don't they could force you to demolish it!
Andy