I rent a bachelors apartment in a 70's era highrise (cement walls separate units). Whenever I shower, I come out of the washroom and smell something that I can only describe as wet plaster, or some such chemical smell. "Mold", I thought. However, if I ventilate the apartment for a short while (15 min), the smell goes away and stays away. I wouldn't expect mold to do that. Could it be not mold? Getting the management in to test and repair will be a major nightmare (moving might be more palatable).