Hanging hose reel on stucco

I have been trying to hang a hose reel on my 2yr old house that has stucco walls. I used a stud finder and marked it accordingly but it only drills through a small amount. Is it the drill. It I am using? Please help sick of looking at this hose on ground!!!

Reply to
Trish

Stucco is unusual in the UK. Have you asked the builder?

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

replying to Trish, Iggy wrote: Yep, It could be either the drill bit or the drill. Stucco should be about

1-inch thick and will require at least a Masonry Drill Bit, the addition of a Hammer Drill will make the process even faster though not necessary. Masonry Drill Bits are commonly a bright silver and they have a dull and flat grinding spade on the tip, instead of being sharp and sharply angled. A Hose Reel can be very heavy so you will absolutely need to be screwing into the wood studs with at least 3-inch screws...regardless of what possibly came with the Hose Reel.
Reply to
Iggy